Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM

Default RPG WarlordRevival in English

Old 10-05-2013, 11:08 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Anyone try this yet? I'm in the process of downloading it. I love the theme but with no reviews and no comments I'm a bit worried it's some random junk game, but I hope it proves me wrong. It looks cool!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Anyone try this yet? I'm in the process of downloading it. I love the theme but with no reviews and no comments I'm a bit worried it's some random junk game, but I hope it proves me wrong. It looks cool!
Exe Create has a good pedigree with Dragon Odyssey Frane and the translation seems competent so far in the dialogue heavy introduction. It's a party based traditional JRPG (randomized invisible enemy encounters) with some artistic neo geo arcade style flare to otherwise generic graphics. The music is lively too. In the brief time I've played it's enjoyable and I will likely sink in the $3.99 to unlock full game.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:29 AM

^ I agree. Tried it and the English is really well done and the story seems interesting. I picked the girl and there's quite a bit of story involvement with her being female which is great so it's not just a reskin.

However I'm irked at the way the character moves. Is it "retro" movement? It feels like the framerate is bad or the game doesn't run smooth. Other than that, the art is really gorgeous. I am on the fence because the movement is on the verge of giving me a headache...

And the D-pad is horrible, it often can't detect my button presses. I really wish it had a visible joystick

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 10-06-2013 at 12:38 AM..
Old 10-06-2013, 02:17 AM

I really like the combat interface with color graphics that appears on top of the action.
Quote:
However I'm irked at the way the character moves. Is it "retro" movement? It feels like the framerate is bad or the game doesn't run smooth. Other than that, the art is really gorgeous. I am on the fence because the movement is on the verge of giving me a headache...
I noticed that movement in a straight line is faster and when turning there's a slight lull from the change in motion but it hasn't felt disjointed to me yet. I wouldn't call it retro.
Quote:
And the D-pad is horrible, it often can't detect my button presses. I really wish it had a visible joystick
I haven't noticed any problems with the d-pad (also on iPod Touch 5G with 6.1.3), maybe we just have different finger positioning or interaction styles.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the imps Undeadcow. Played for over an hour and will have no problem buying the full game after I have seen the quality of the translation. I will definitely be sinking some time into this

Edit : I'm getting an error message when I try to buy the full game. Anyone else having this problem ?

Last edited by bigred447uk; 10-06-2013 at 04:53 AM..
Old 10-06-2013, 09:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Got to the point where you need to unlock the game which is just after picking up the 4th playable character. Should take the average player an hour or so to get there. It's a really easy game (so far) if you decide to dump all stats into strength which raises attack and defense equally. Yes, you can assign stat points on leveling up.

Story's fair, based in feudal Japan featring known warlords but with RPG magic. I did notice the translation going haywire in the end but it was mostly good.

Haven't really found the controls that bothersome but I must say the menus feel a bit deep (lots of inputs to get in and out). Animation may be a bit too choppy for some but I don't mind it.

Lots of interesting mechanics here compared to the Kemco games I've played (note: this is by Exe Create). There is a morale system based on damage taken in combat where the higher morale is, the more damage your party does and will regenerate health with every turn. If morale is low, you'll deal weaker blows and take more damage. You also learn skills by using what you currently have ... Though I admit I kinda breezed through the tutorial so that part isn't so clear to me.

If TA had to review this, it might get a 3 +/- .5

$3.99 to unlock and can be restored.

Last edited by Echoen; 10-06-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Old 10-06-2013, 09:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I agree with everyone. Gave this a spin last night and was surprised by the quailty. The only reason I won't be buying this is because I know I won't have the time. But anyone looking for a jrpg with a rich story, I'd say give this a go. I like the free try out and hope to see more games do this.