Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2013, 10:59 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Dear Developer,

I've been unable to play this since your last update, some time ago. Please could you resolve the issue; I was looking forward to the new content.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:13 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnGeneral View Post
Dear Developer,

I've been unable to play this since your last update, some time ago. Please could you resolve the issue; I was looking forward to the new content.
Hi EnGeneral. This bug is something I've been trying to track down for quite some time now. It seems to have been caused by a difference in the way saved data persisted in iOS 5 after the last content update.

I'm having a lot of trouble solving this with iOS 5 being an older operating system, but I'm still searching for a solution. One fix in the short term is to reinstall the app. This will unfortunately cause your saved data to be erased, but a fresh install should clear up the crashing issue. I'm really sorry for the trouble!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedickman View Post
Hi EnGeneral. This bug is something I've been trying to track down for quite some time now. It seems to have been caused by a difference in the way saved data persisted in iOS 5 after the last content update.

I'm having a lot of trouble solving this with iOS 5 being an older operating system, but I'm still searching for a solution. One fix in the short term is to reinstall the app. This will unfortunately cause your saved data to be erased, but a fresh install should clear up the crashing issue. I'm really sorry for the trouble!
ah. i should have tried a clean re-install. many thanks for your reply and solution. can live with deleting my save file as there wasn't anything very impressive in my loot, anyway. hope you work the issues out, good luck.

great little game btw.

edit -- it didn't fix the issue

Last edited by EnGeneral; 12-28-2013 at 03:45 AM..
Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
ah. i should have tried a clean re-install. many thanks for your reply and solution. can live with deleting my save file as there wasn't anything very impressive in my loot, anyway. hope you work the issues out, good luck.

great little game btw.

edit -- it didn't fix the issue
Sorry for the slow response, turns out raising a newborn is a lot of work!

That's really surprising to hear, a fresh install still causes a crash? If so, at the very least this gives me a new angle to look at the problem with. Thanks for the update, I'll see what I can do!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Sorry for the slow response, turns out raising a newborn is a lot of work!

That's really surprising to hear, a fresh install still causes a crash? If so, at the very least this gives me a new angle to look at the problem with. Thanks for the update, I'll see what I can do!
I eventually bit the bullet and upgraded the OS from 5 to 6. Solved the issue of the start-up crash. I can play it now, at least, but I suppose the problem remains for other ios5 users?

Thanks for your response and I wish you well with your diaper-changing duties.

Great little shooter btw. The pull of the potential loot grants this one longevity, even if slim probabilities sometimes has it feel a bit grind-y.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I eventually bit the bullet and upgraded the OS from 5 to 6. Solved the issue of the start-up crash. I can play it now, at least, but I suppose the problem remains for other ios5 users?

Thanks for your response and I wish you well with your diaper-changing duties.

Great little shooter btw. The pull of the potential loot grants this one longevity, even if slim probabilities sometimes has it feel a bit grind-y.
Thanks! I definitely feel you on the grindy-ness of it. I guess this is a good a time as any to discuss - I've got a pretty major update in the works that should hopefully add a breath of fresh air to the game. New levels, achievements that unlock challenge levels, item sets, random event enemies (think Diablo's treasure goblins), a bunch more items, and more!

Oh! I've also discovered and fixed the bug that crashes iOS 5, but sadly am unable to push it out until the update is ready to go live. Thanks again for the feedback! Let me know if there's anything else that comes to mind as you're playing.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I definitely feel you on the grindy-ness of it. I guess this is a good a time as any to discuss - I've got a pretty major update in the works that should hopefully add a breath of fresh air to the game. New levels, achievements that unlock challenge levels, item sets, random event enemies (think Diablo's treasure goblins), a bunch more items, and more!
Nice! I wasn't expecting any more content for Space Bits. Excited for it. Had you planned on adding Game Center for the achievements (or leaderboards)? That'd be a cool addition if it's not too difficult to implement.
Either way, keep up the great work. Shmup and/or rpg looting enthusiasts should really check this game out if they haven't yet.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
Nice! I wasn't expecting any more content for Space Bits. Excited for it. Had you planned on adding Game Center for the achievements (or leaderboards)? That'd be a cool addition if it's not too difficult to implement.
Either way, keep up the great work. Shmup and/or rpg looting enthusiasts should really check this game out if they haven't yet.
Yep! Definitely going with Game Center for achievements. I'm not sure there are many places for leaderboards, but I am thinking of ways to get creative with it, such as number of enemies killed or completion times for the challenge levels that achievements will unlock. Thanks for the support!
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Still playing this from time to time and really looking forward to the update. Any news?

I've mostly been grinding to get the rare (pink) weapon called, I think, the Slicer. It shoots/spilts two big green blocks that cause massive damage. It's awesome. I actually accidentally deleted it from my inventory, because I'm smart, and haven't seen it again since.
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Just curious if the developer is still working on making this game universal like we talked about last year?