Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-16-2014, 10:16 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzer View Post
Tap the arrow on the right of your screen underneath the Battle button then tap Club. You will be taken to a list of clubs, which I believe currently changes each time you view it (for example, I saw Touch Arcade yesterday, but not today). Unfortunately, you cannot yet search for a Club.

Alternatively, if someone on here is already in the Club from Soft Launch, then they can invite you.
Thanks for the tip on the shortcut to access the club list. Unfortunately, the TouchArcade club is not listed. So hopefully I'll be able to get in at some point.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:53 AM

The game certainly has its charm. But the more I play it, the longer the wait times seem to be. I'm buying packs of cards (with the tickets that I'm earning in game), and using almost every card in destroying an opponent. Or, I find myself using my super toy, which tends to decimate everything, but then I have to wait 30 minutes for it to recharge.

I bought the starter pack on sale for five dollars, which allowed me to significantly boost up my defenses. Will I spend more on the game in the future? I don't know at this point. It is fun, but I'm not feeling the timers.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:21 PM

After playing it for a day and getting to level 10, I ended up deleting it. I enjoy the graphics and the gameplay, but the concept of playing for three minutes and then waiting for a half an hour for tickets to buy units and my special weapon to recharge, is not my style.

Also, it becomes abundantly clear that to get more towers and super weapons you really are going to have to start forking cash over. I bought the initial starter pack for $5, but I don't think I'll be spending anymore money or time with this game. Perhaps this is what people who enjoy Clash of Clans are used to, but this is not how I enjoy playing games. I want to play a game on my time schedule, and not the time schedule that the developers tell me I should play on.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:22 AM

Now that the game has been out for a week, what does everyone think?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
It has the same grind as Clash of Clans - spend time and money to get troops, blow them all on a fight, wait again. Meh.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I'll bite.

I usually buy things in free to play games if they are good. I have probably given foursaken over $100 over the course of all of their games.

The timers and the costs of IAP in this game are, quite frankly, absurd. I bought the $4.99 beginner pack, and it was instantly gone with a single pack. For me to get a similar amount of bottle caps would cost another $20.

$20 will not go very far. The fact that there is even a $99 IAP is pretty offensive. Even hearthstone only has a $49 IAP... And that's blizzard.

The game itself is mildly entertaining and the visuals and animations are top notch.

I believe that what joy I would have received from the game play is pretty much ruined by the in app purchase model/timers.

I'll probably keep it around for a little while longer, but I regret even giving this game my $4.99, because it felt like an instantaneous waste of money.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:21 PM

i have to admit i'm enjoying it.

i'm fine with starting the game up a couple of times a day to play for just a few minutes. if that's not your style you'll probably hate it...

think of it as some kind of tamagotchi^^

there's also lot of untapped potential. it's basically some sort of reverse tower defense game but all the components needed for a real tower defense game are in place. would be nice to get that, at least as a mini-game...
Old 05-29-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2014 View Post
i have to admit i'm enjoying it.

i'm fine with starting the game up a couple of times a day to play for just a few minutes. if that's not your style you'll probably hate it...

think of it as some kind of tamagotchi^^

there's also lot of untapped potential. it's basically some sort of reverse tower defense game but all the components needed for a real tower defense game are in place. would be nice to get that, at least as a mini-game...
Fortunately Toy Rush will be receiving updates over time so keep your eyes peeled for new features!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:16 AM

I'm actually really enjoying myself. Used the 1,200 caps and got an extra ticket machine but no super toy. Iap's are pretty pricey, should be 3$ for a super pack. Not 10$, it's really fun though.