Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-10-2014, 02:34 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks unique and rather fun ! I do hope you get rewarded for your out of the box approach.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:59 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Thanks expleo!

We don't kid ourselves about it, we'll be lucky to even get noticed with this one. But it's the long haul that we have in mind, where stringing several unique apps together will hopefully, over time, generate some attention. This being our first project as Blind Albino, we wanted to make a signature product that would represent us well. The next several apps we have planned after this one will not have the same extreme production cycle, but they will still try to be charming in their own unique ways.

Anyhow, thanks again for taking notice my friend!
Matt
Old 07-05-2014, 03:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Project formerly known as When Pigs Fly

Hello again everyone! Matt here once more from Blind Albino Studios.

So, we've been working really hard on some new features for our current project, adding a bunch of new elements and assets, and we'll have a new dev video up relatively soon-ish. But in the meantime, a colleague encouraged me to make a note here in the TA forums about the name of our project, and how we'll be changing it once it's ready for release.

The name "When Pigs Fly" was not yet taken when I first designed this project, and when Seda (the beautiful brains behind our team,) looked into securing that name, she learned that it was too common of a phrase to copyright in advance. So now there's bunches and bunches of When Pigs Fly variations squealing around in the mud of the iTunes store, and we've found a more applicable name for our upcoming app... which I cannot disclose yet. (We don't want to repeat this mistake again, do we?!)

So for the time being, we're just referring to our game as The Project Formerly Known As When Pigs Fly. (Or simply TPFKAWPF for short. Ha!)

We're always open to suggestions from you awesome, wise, creative folks as to how we should disseminate info to the public for the time being, seeing as how we can't yet tell you the new name, but we still want to be able show and tell with you guys. I feel like a total forum noob (because I basically am one,) since I don't know if I can change the original title of this thread, or if I should simply start a new thread once we have more to show... Any and all ideas are welcome!

And for the record, we are NOT accusing anyone of copying us, our ideas, our name, etc. We simply got beaten to the punch on a game title that was bound to be used sooner or later. Seriously folks, we're not crying foul, we're just looking for help on how to make the appropriate adjustments here in the forums.

Thank you all for your continued support, and we look forward to showing you more very soon!
Matt
Old 07-05-2014, 10:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Go to itunesconnect and create an app with your name to protect it. You can do this without uploading the app.

Also I believe you can do the same with google play, but I haven't really tried.

When pigs fly is a pretty common phrase so I doubt you revealing it had anything to do with it being taken.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Thanks Destined!

Yeah, we aren't trying to claim we were copied. But now we aren't exactly sure what to do with this thread. Can we somehow edit the title of this thread after the fact?
Old 07-05-2014, 11:28 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I am sure a mod could if you asked them.