Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-20-2014, 02:09 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Ok guys (and girls )

My apple developer program membership will expire soon (november 1). On this date the app will get pulled off the app store (unless i do not pay another 99$ - maybe someday, maybe for a smashing lightlands 2 with blockbusting gfx ... but not this year). So you have to backup the game to your itunes library if you still want to play it in the future and want to re-install it after deleting it from your device or getting a new device. If you did not update to 1.21 you should do. For Android it will be still available.

The game was intended to be a time filler for you and me until CP2 will be available and for learning how to get a game to the app store from the scratch (for me ). CP2 has still not arrived but i have learned a lot and it was great fun (and time consuming .. because it wasn't done as a fulltime job but in my spare time only)

At the end i thought it would be interestingfor you to see how many times the game was downloaded and how much money it made (remember: 1 year apple developer program membership = 99$, Google Play Developer Account = 25$, Website Hosting: 24€ per year (first year .. 48€ later)

All in all i would say it was the expected zero sum. For more details see the attached diagrams

cy@n
Attached Images
File Type: png sales2.png (35.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png sales.png (219.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-20-2014, 02:27 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Hey cy@n,

You can be really proud!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:44 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Great job, cyan. Thanks for creating a fun and "thinking" game for us to play.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:29 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Oh yeah. Bad news. Since Lightlands is one of only two games I play (the other is Siege Hero Wizards), but LL is my favourite, I'd be sort of sad if the great highscore table, the best ever, would vanish.
Isn't there a way to host it somewhere else where it doesn't cost a bunch of money? Unfortunately I am no expert in this field. But I remember I have a modest webspace in my contract. Which I don't use. We should talk, cy@n. Before your account expires.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Cyan, you have been such a supportive Dev, plus LL is terrific.
I feel like I'm just starting to figure out the unique, quirky side of this great game.
Haven't even finished "where art thou" yet. Great fun! Can't wait to see your next IOS project. Thanks so much!
Wendy
Old 10-21-2014, 11:28 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Just updated to version 1.21! Thanks for your efforts!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:39 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappnase View Post
Oh yeah. Bad news. Since Lightlands is one of only two games I play (the other is Siege Hero Wizards), but LL is my favourite, I'd be sort of sad if the great highscore table, the best ever, would vanish.
Isn't there a way to host it somewhere else where it doesn't cost a bunch of money? Unfortunately I am no expert in this field. But I remember I have a modest webspace in my contract. Which I don't use. We should talk, cy@n. Before your account expires.
Papp is right. It would be sad to see the greatest high score table vanish. Hope something can be worked out.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:48 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Thank you to all of you!

@Papp/ctay:
The leaderboard will stay at least until march as it is because its "year" didn't start on november 1 when the development membership did
In march i will either extend the contract for another year or i will move it to a cheaper place, where one cannot upload scores out of the game anymore but if one should finds new highscores i will add them manually by request. In the past there weren't that many uploads after a few weeks anymore so i think i can handle this that way. But i will NOT completely remove the leaderboard from the web. And perhaps .. who knows .. someday there will be a sequel of this game .. maybe (there are so many things in the game i would really love to see to be improved)

@Wendy
If you need help in level 60 don't hesitate to ask (in this forum or by PM)
Old 10-22-2014, 02:48 AM
iPhone 4

Cy@n, thanks for the great game, your time and always open discussions! That was really awesome! You programmed one of my favourite games (besides CP ), set up the best high score table ever, and made - due to highly addictive players like me - another level within less than two weeks.

Chapeau!

Thanks again,

Hasenfu3