Your favorite Auto RPGs

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fabell, Apr 14, 2016.

1. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Come on, admit it. Some of you love the auto function on mobile RPGs (even if you won't admit it!). So... what are your favorites?

My favorites currently on my device, listed from most played/favorite to least favorite (but still great):

1. Angel Stone
    2. Age of Wushu: Dynasty
    3. Soul Seeker
    4. Eternal Arena
    5. Shards of Magic
    6. Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
    7. Forsaken World Mobile
    8. Brave Cross
    9. Taichi Panda
    10. Marvel's Future Fight
    11. Red: Three Kingdoms
    12. Herofall

And yes, I used to hate the auto function on mobile RPGs, but over time, I've come to love it. There is something immensely pleasing about lying down on a couch and turning on the "kick butt button" and then watching your carefully crafted team go to town on a bunch of bad guys. And the great thing is that the more of these that are made, the more the "Auto RPG" becomes a genre in and of itself.

2. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Ha! I didn't even realize this was turning into a real 'genre' lol! But I have to admit, I started noticing the auto button on a couple of games you listed and once I had tried it, already I find myself looking only for RPG's with that feature! Totally makes sense to me to have it available on mobile devices - at least phones with smaller screens than a tablet, for example. (For me, the auto appeal started back with RPG's that had 'auto-equip' since I could never keep track of when I needed to equip new items and or determine which items were better, etc.)

Thanks for the list, hope to see it continue! :)

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    When i noticed it i thought what is the point of having auto play feature you just "watching" the game play itself. Then i come across some games that played so fast that having the auto feature was a blessing. But never thought it be handy for those that have small screen to play, true that RPG's these days seem to have a very busy screen with lots of buttons to press which is hard to do on small screen.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Marvel Future Fight is the only one i have. Long since abandoned FFRK. These are the only 2 i have played from the list above. Although i have been playing MFF less and less coz the last major update turned it's head around to an unfavorable (to players) direction.

I am currently playing the KH one, but that one doesnt have auto-functions.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  6. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Monster Raid™ (by Orca Inc.)

The new pokemon type game thats just come out. This comes with autoplay, it saves having to tap the screen to attack or more around the dungeon as the game will do this for you. But it won't open a "send a friend request" so if looking for some friends to add to the game to help you then a quick tap to turn off auto before continuing on

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    1) my two most favorite and longest standing are
    Dragon Blaze and Exos Saga
    for the art and animation.
    2) Trying
    Seven Knights that had a massive relaunch yesterday to see what it's about, along with
    Rise or Ravens that also launched worldwide, both Netmarble blockbusters in KR appstore.
    3) Will also try the
    Monster Raid since i was a massive pokemon fan with my GB and GBA back in the day (yay 1983)

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I've played most of the ones on your list but my most invested and heavily played one is Future Fight.

My very very first introduction to this genre isn't on your list interestingly. Heroes Charge. Was a world wide available clone of another game not available world wide. They got in to big lawsuits and whatnot, last I checked it turned out the other guy was actually a ripped off clone of yet another auto rpg so the lawsuit was made largely bunk.

9. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    That auto function is fantastic for my 1hr commute to work. Set it to auto play and then take a peek at the screen again when at red lights.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Guys you have to try Dungeon Rush! It is stupid addicting always trying to get better classes and gear! I have played it since launch and play it every day, I have 2 champions so far which is the highest type of class rarity but it took forever :)

11. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I actually like grindy auto rpgs but am not playing any atm. I used to play Dragon blaze and LOVED it but it was such a money vacuum that i had to stop myself. I even ended up selling my account for a good amount to regain the absurd (for me) amount I spent on a game that is designed to constantly require more money to keep up.

I am always on the lookout for a new f2p addiction but havent been hooked by any recently. I have played and quit most of the popular ones at one point.

12. JoeStrout

JoeStrout Active Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I'll admit, today is the first time I've heard of auto-battle or auto-RPGs. Yeah, I'm old-school. :) I've been played a lot of roguelikes in my day; Cavern is my current favorite (though not as deep as Nethack, it has really good balance, and I like that I'm able to actually beat it now and then).

I'm actually working on a roguelike now... and I hadn't considered auto functions before. I've always thought choosing your equipment and controlling every action of your character was the whole point. But perhaps I'm missing out on something.

I'm downloading Marvel Future Fight now, and will check it out. Any others you recommend that will best give me the "big idea" when it comes to auto RPGs?

13. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    This week I started playing Casual Warrior - Auto Fight RPG and also Dark Sword - really liking them both so far.... and I will definitely have to check out Dungeon Rush as recommended by Amenbrother - thanks! :)

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    What do you think of it?!?!

15. johndoep

johndoep Active Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Been playing a ton of Dragon Encounter lately, and that auto function is godsend!