GameClub Incoboto (by Fluttermind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOHOO!!! Congrats on the great TA review!!! 4.5/5 stars! =oD

2. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    Wow. That's a lovely review! Makes me really glad I undeleted the project last September!

3. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    FYI: the last update (I think it was last Thursday or Friday) fixed the 'game-flow-blocker' bugs like the "ForceField Issue", the "Wonky Platform Debacle" and the terrifying "Went back to WarmSun When Dene Didn't Expect It Terror".

I think I forgot to tell you all that when the update went live!

4. dagaz

dagaz New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    First I wanted to thank Dene for an awesome game - this would be up there with my favourite iPad games. There have been a few times when I've felt stuck but have always found the solution sooner or later. However right now I'm feeling very uncoordinated as I just can't seem to figure out how to use the grappling hook. I can obviously swing up to one grappling point, but then can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it to swing to another point or object - every time I try I either fall down to the ground or back to my original grappling point. Any help appreciated.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Move left/right to swing, then release and tap to let go. I find it more reliable to double tap, then just tap, I think because when I try to just tap I don't always actually first move my finger off the screen as I'm in a panic to get the tap in. LOL. So you just swing left/right, then release to fly off of it.

6. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I asked this out in the review thread, but I'm very curious and understand the potential challenge for a one-person team. Is there a chance we'll see a retina update for Incoboto?

It looks like it would be gorgeous, and would give it some decent press from all the retina lists that are popping up everywhere.

7. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Yup. It'll happen. But I'm not rushing anything right now, regardless of the wisdom of the commercial timing (and you're right - it would be a good idea from that standpoint), 'cos I really need a mental rest after the near-breakdown-inducing stress of making Inco and Helios come to life.

8. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Great! I'll be looking forward to it!

9. xxboonexx

xxboonexx New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Pity last star

Can someone help... How do I get this last star, been trying for qute some time.

[​IMG]

10. LoreneK

LoreneK New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Me too

I am stuck for days in merry meet as well! Help? Hint?

11. Frennis

Frennis Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Sydney
    @lorenk and xxboonexx:
    Jump up on the swinging platform and tap the orange timer. A blue charge drops onto the mirrored higher platform inside the box. Move on your platform to tilt it so the blue charge falls down next to a red target thing. Quickly tap the timer again to get another blue charge, and do the see-saw to get it next to the other red target. The trick is to get those blue charges down quickly. You should be working on the second one before the first has exploded.
    This clears a force field on the same world.
    After that, there's a bit that had me for a good while. Read the sign!
    What makes Inco jump even when you aren't controlling him? The two little things you need are in plain view nearby, although you'll have to jump and grapple to get one.

12. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    The idea is that people ask questions, then say "I figured it out" and don't post their answers and when someone Googles later, they just get people asking questions and then saying "nevermind I figured it out." I asked him because thinking differently about it isn't working for me.

13. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Have you any idea how much fun this is for me to read? :)

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    EVERYTHING BECOMES WAY SIMPLER AND EASIER TO FIGURE OUT IF YOU ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND THAT EVERYTHING CAN BE SOLVED WITH ONE FINGER!!!

I know it sounds stupid... but ALWAYS keep that in mind when you're stuck. It's almost never as hard as you're making it out to be.

15. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    By the time I managed to hit both targets with the same bomb so that they were green at the same time and it made no difference, I gave up. Thank you for the inspiring speech but a PM with actual help would be great.

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry, I figured with a game like this, it's more satisfying if you figure it out on your own instead of having others tell you what to do...

17. Craydays

Craydays New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Guys I need help.

Get stuck in the KindWord system. Just not too far away from entering portal. There is a jumpy platform covered by force shield. And blue energy sphere dispencer nearby it. Also I see 2 mini-portals on the scene and the sketelon which tells me something about explosions.

Jumping around half-a-day and can't figure out what to do there.

18. Frennis

Frennis Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Sydney
    I hope I'm not getting on people's nerves posting twice like this but I was really taken by the game and the feeling of getting stuck is still fresh in my mind. Half a day - suffered too long!
    If only that force field wasn't there - then you could jump off the pad and and move on left.
    Try jumping up into the portal you can reach. Not enough upward momentum to, you know, get the desired result when coming out of the other one, right?
    If only you could jump higher.
    Do you think you could jump higher, or something?
    Do you still need to read this?
    Pick up a ball, put it down, stand right over it, and see what happens.
    Maybe this might come in handy again quite soon.

19. Craydays

Craydays New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Thank you so much!

20. LoreneK

LoreneK New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Finally

I finally figured it out on my own! It took me days!! Haha thanks ! This is a really great game! Absolutely love it!