Keep DLC from In-App Purchase if Delete App?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EB1089, Apr 25, 2010.

1. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    I tried searching the forums for a similar thread on this topic and Google searching and didn't come across anything. Anyway, if you D/L a game that has in-app purchases; purchase DLC from the in-app purchase; and delete the game from your device, do you keep the paid-for DLC so the next time you put the game back on your device you don't need to repurchase the DLC?

I've never tried it before so I don't know. Since iTunes backs up your device's data; transfers items that are on your device but aren't in your iTunes library to the library; and then proceeds to sync whatever's in your library to your device when you attach it to the computer via USB, maybe the device transfers the purchased DLC on your device to the game in your library...kind of like when you D/L an game update and if that game's on your device while it syncs, iTunes replaces the old version of the game with the newer, updated version. Hmmm...I don't know.

Anyone know?

2. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    Whether or not the DLC in an app is active is save data, and so gets deleted when you remove the app.

However, DLC purchases work like app purchases. When you go to buy the DLC again, it'll say "You've already bought this" or similar and unlock it again for free.

Note that this doesn't count for expendable stuff like Eliminate energy.