iPad Call of Duty: World At War: Zombies [$4.99 for all 4 maps!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ThatRevChap, Nov 16, 2009.

1. SpaceJunk

SpaceJunk Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I'm not sure if this was addressed in the thread, but does this have a single-player campaign?

2. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    nah its got an unlimited wave on zombies trying to kill you instead, for single player. lots of reply value in it. you would know what i mean if you've ever played nazi zombies on WaW

3. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    No, it's strictly the Nazi Zombie mode from World at War.

4. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    #104 Theta-Omega, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Yes, it does have a single player *mode*, a little pricey, but it's pretty fun, and definitely more solid (I.E. it feels rewarding when you gun down enemies) than Sandstorm, but control wise, Sandstorm had a better layout and slightly better graphics. Nazi zombies on the iphone, not much is different.

Edit: Wonder if they'll try to port the entire game next, or if they're just in the market for zombie game like L4D.

5. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Spent a few minutes with it before leaving for work and it is a fun game. Would like to have seen more than a single map though, although I imagine DLC will cover that.

As for the price, I don't mind paying $10 bucks as long as its something new and different, and a 4 player co-op FPS on my phone qualifies as that.

It will probably get repetitive rather quickly, but as of now shooting zombies with strangers = FUN ;)

6. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    How is the replay value? Where does the replay value come from? Is it like multiplayer but with zombies as bots?

I'm not trying to be argumenative - I have not played Zombie WAW so don't know what you mean. I would probably not play online at all so single player replayability is what would motivate me to part with a tenner.

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I'm not going to read ten pages. Thanks.for.nothing.

8. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    Because there are plenty of other games that ARE suited to the platform, like Rolando, Drop7, Jet Car Stunts etc.

If you enjoy FPS on the iphone then bully for you, but myself and many others know they just don't gel; aren't tactile enough for a fully immersive experience.

Someone mentioned Eliminate had good controls. That's a joke right. It's the controls that ruin the experience.

I'm not trying to argue or start a flame war, I'm just stating my opinion.

9. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Your in a house, starting in a room with 5 entrances for the zombies. You can board up the windows to make it harder for them to get in. You get money for boarding up windows and killing. There are weapons on the walls you can buy. You can open up other parts of the house by buying away doors/objects, to find better weapons. There is a mystery box that gives you a random weapon, with a chance to get a super weapon. You basically survive as long as you can, with each wave getting harder. After a few games the first few waves become boring, but it's still a lot of fun.

Ten pages isn't much.

10. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I felt the controls in eliminate were fin. I had problems my first two games then I figured them out. I can now use the inertia that some find annoying to my advantage. Honestly all it takes is an open mind, and an attention span longer than that of a squirrel. But you're entitled to your own opinion.

11. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    pretty much what sambo said but i think its kind of boring the first few rounds for us because we're getting used to the game still (and lets be honest, the first 10rounds in nazi zombies on the console was always boring anyway, so i wouldnt expect any better from the iphone) but the later rounds are extremely fun, especially with other people.

if you dont intend to play online, then this game still has a lot of replay value but i wouldnt pay $10 for JUST single player. this game is designed for multiplayer

12. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    THANK YOU for the description! Once you practice a bit, how long does a typical game take? Is there a save feature?

13. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Yeah, I meant on the console version it was boring. I almost wouldn't want to play it anymore when me and my friends lost because of the boring first rounds. But once you get past them it is a lot of fun. Love the super weapon :D.

14. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Thank you both for your replies. A bit much of me to expect huge replayability in single player from a game that is multiplayer by design but it sounds more interesting than I thought it might be. Will prob wait for a price drop.

15. Theta-Omega

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    As long as you can hold out, depends a little bit, on the console something around 30-45 for a game usually, and it does resume at the same spot if you get a call or anything like that.

16. hia-leah

hia-leah Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    School
    Miami
    Private Joker, try and think about this... "You Suck". When you were playing eliminate, I'm sure you were dieing quite alot, but that doesn't mean the controls suck, it means that people who were beating you were better than you. I'm sure its not the only thing you're bad at, everybodys bad somthing: for example, you can suck at basketball, but are you going to complain that the rules make it unplayable?

17. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Wow! 30-45min and resumes? If it's fun could be worth it!

18. Theta-Omega

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Well that was the console experience with four people, and i'm just guessing about the usual time, i don't remember what the longest game i played was.

19. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    well i have to agree that eliminate controls are very very good and i would love to have them on this game.. but can we keep it on topic?

20. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    hah with me and my friends we got to 2hours on zombies per game!
    like round 32 or something

but it be different on this game (i assume)