Flight Control and iPhone 3G S = Slow

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bacaramac, Jun 20, 2009.

1. bacaramac

bacaramac Member

Jul 22, 2008
    #1 bacaramac, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
    Has any other member noticed that Flight Control is very, very slow on the new iPhone? I think it related to the hardware of the phone vs 3.0 since I have not seen this on my iPod Touch 2nd Gen.

EDIT: Just to be clear I mean how fast the plans move on the screen, not the loading, etc. My bad on the section, please move as I thought I had put it under General Discussions.

2. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    wronggggg section. but i havnt noticed anything

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Just played now, didn't recognize any difference from playing prior to 3.0.

4. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Must be a problem with YOUR iPhone.

5. bacaramac

bacaramac Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Well the thing is I am not the only one as there was a post on cloudcell forums when I was searching for others with this issue.

6. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, I haven't noticed anything. You can always use the fast forward feature that was included in the last update though ;)

7. lavamantis

lavamantis New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Yes, I've noticed that it's slower as well, but only sometimes. At first I thought it was related to background processing, but turning on "Airplane" mode doesn't always fix it. Also, one time I was playing and the "20% battery remaining" notice came up, and it was definitely slower after that. But I dunno if that's the reason. I have > 50% battery right now and it's slower.

When its slow, it's not EASIER but in fact it gets HARDER. The planes are going slower but they keep appearing at the normal rate, so eventually your screen fills up with slow planes, even when you have < 20 landings.

You can tell when it's running slow. When you land, the little "Perfect!" notices are jerky when they animate.

Sometimes, you can pause the game, exit to the main screen, and go back in and then it's fast again.

I've also noticed this in id's "Wolfenstein 3d" game. It noticeably slows down and gets jerky. Usually quitting and going back in makes it faster again.

I have the original iphone too and it's always perfect on that device. This is definitely a new phenonmenon in the iphone 3GS. I have the exact same apps installed on the new 3GS iphone as the old one.