Best MFI controller with a clip

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by davidovich, Jan 12, 2017.

1. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Hey everyone. I wanted to ask if anyone here uses an mfi controller that has a clip to hold the phone. I owned the Mad Catz controller a while back, which had a decent one, but the left stick went bad. I was thinking about buying a new one but I can't seem to find another one with a clip and I don't want to buy another Mad Catz. I looked at the Steel Series, but from the description, it doesn't look like it has one. Gamevice looks nice, but the iPhone 7 Plus isn't supported yet. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I was given this info from a TouchArcade gamer.
    It uses a SteelSeries Nimbus and a Nyko XBox One Clip.
    You might need to drill a hole for the Pause/Menu button if you want that option. I did and it works great.
    I use it for my iPhone 6.
    Here is one site that talks about it.
    https://afterpad.com/review-using-the-nyko-xbox-one-clip-with-the-steelseries-nimbus/

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
  4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Strangely enough TouchArcade just posted in their News and Reviews section a clip designed to fit the Nimbus Steel series gamepad.
    Check it out and it is dirt cheap!

http://toucharcade.com/2017/01/20/steelseries-nimbus-iphone-clip-attachment/

5. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Thanks everyone. It looks like I'll be investing in a Steel Series very soon. The price of the clip is super cheap too. I'll let you know how it goes once I get it set up.