Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-09-2013, 07:07 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrickey View Post
Hi guys! Thanks for giving Mosaique a whirl! Every time you play a new session in Mosaique you'll get a new set of seven stages with new tiles. You don't have to wait another day to get a new set. We do reward players who play seven consecutive days however
Sorry, I didn't mean to say you couldn't replay the seven levels or that they aren't randomized each time, it's just that having your score based on just a 7 level run feels so short.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
ColeDaddy - what device did you beta on? The comments about the iPad button placement make me think a smaller device? Cubis is a great game - maintains a spot on my ipad.
Beta tested it on an iPad. Controls were comfortably fine to me.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Thanks for your feedback LordGek! I agree that score-hunting uber gamers who pickup a knack for Mosaique early on will probably burn through normal mode and start maxing out their high score fairly quickly. This is one reason why we introduced the expert mode, which still kicks my butt even though I've been playing Mosaique for about half a year now.
^-^;

In general, the length of a single play session was something we spent quite a lot of time thinking about during the course of Mosaique's development. One of our goals early on was to stay away from the tetris-like "endless" puzzle model (where players simply play until they die), and instead make a total puzzle experience that could be cleared in a reasonable amount of time to give players a sense of satisfaction in winning.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Here are some Mosaique reviews for those interested:

Gamezebo:
( 5.0 / 5.0 )
"Beautiful in its simplicity, simple in its design, and satisfying in its gameplay, Mosaique checks all the boxes of a great puzzle game by being the essence of them."
[url]http://www.gamezebo.com/games/mosaique/review[/url]

148 Apps:
( 3.5 / 5.0 )
"Mosaique is about as gung-ho for tileocide as a puzzle game can get, while also approaching the concept from a different angle."
[url]http://www.148apps.com/reviews/mosaique-review/[/url]

Android Central:
(No score, but a pretty positive review
"It's hard to get the right mix of gameplay difficulty, simple rules and design in a puzzle game (or any game for that matter), but luckily we've found another that has struck that balance. The game is Mosaique, and it has put all of the components in the right places to make an excellent title."
[url]http://www.androidcentral.com/mosaique-elegant-and-fun-puzzle-game[/url]
Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 AM

I know probably I am in the minority here, but I just picked this up last night and had to delete it this morning based on the controls. They were just too close together on the phone. Going to try it later tonight on the iPad but for now, they are just too crammed! I think it would be fine for me if I could flip the screen - think DSS?

I really love the concept and was going along at quite a clip until I just could not move my thumbs anymore!

(its funny - reading through the comments it seems people don't like it on the iPad! I am definitely the minority here!)

Last edited by New England Gamer; 05-11-2013 at 07:37 AM..
Old 05-11-2013, 08:39 AM

I picked this up yesterday and I am really enjoying it. I find the controls beautiful on my iPad mini and the interface is what drew me to the game. As for gameplay, any of you who have ever played the game ZOOP from the old Gameboy/ Nintendo Days will have no problems grasping the game mechanics as it plays very similar to that. I don't know what the expert play through is like yet but it would be fun to have a different game mode where when you got to around level 5 random colored blocks would keep materializing on screen to have to clear making it even more of a challenge.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 PM

Ok so after a little bit on the iPad mini I like the controls - phew! I dunno - something about the crampness of the iPhone just wasn't for me. On the iPad mini though its great!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:13 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Hi gang! We have gotten a lot of great feedback from users over the past week, and have decided to implement some new features in an upcoming version. New features will include a mode for color blind users, iPhone3GS compatibility, and the ability to install the app on SD card (for android users). We are also furiously squashing a few teensy bugs that popped up. We will keep everyone updated when the new version is made available. Thanks again for your support and feedback!

In the meantime, why not read some more Mosaique reviews?

Joystiq
"[Mosaique is] perfect for either a bit of mental exercise on the go or some extended Zen meditation on the couch"
[url]http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/14/portabliss-mosaique-ios-android/[/url]

TUAW
"Mosaique is a lot of fun, and it's very original, both in look and in gameplay."
[url]http://www.tuaw.com/2013/05/16/daily-iphone-app-mosaique-is-an-original-and-inventive-puzzle-g/[/url]

AppAdvice
"If you are a fan of puzzle games, then I highly recommend that you check out Mosaique for yourself and immerse yourself in this calming title."
[url]http://appadvice.com/review/quickadvice-mosaique[/url]
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Reminds me of Plotting.

I used to love that so I'll give this a go.