Space Trader (Solar Wars/ Elite/ Dope Wars) for iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by guttaperk, Dec 11, 2016.

1. guttaperk

guttaperk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #1 guttaperk, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    I know there are two “Space Trader” games for iPhone. I'd checked them out earlier this year, but they were reportedly buggy.

Have the bugs been fixed? Are there any similar games going under a different name that I should check out instead?

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

check Stellar Horizon, is really good and updated with new stuff almost every week.

3. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Check Rogue Star, Stellar Wanderer, Unknown, Stellar Horizon, in this order of quality. Very good games##

4. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #4 pjft, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Space Trader has had some bugfix updates launched. I think it should be fine - I have it, though I don't play it much these days.

Star Traders is a good one to consider, and you can download the free version - no ads, just trying out the game in a smaller world and less available ships.

Will look into the other recommendations - don't know much about them, but I've heard the names every now and then so should be solid.

EDIT: these recommendations seem to be closer to Elite than the other two - lots of 3D graphics and such. Unsure what the OP is asking for, but thought I'd give the heads up. Space Trader and Star Traders are turn-based affairs, similar to Dope Wars.