Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DiogoP, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    It is the default behaviour in the original game, you die and start from the beginning... bur we're discussing this subject internally. Maybe we'll add that. Thanks for your input!

2. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Thanks for your review and thanks to all other that contributed too.

3. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Well, you have made the very first IAP purchase of DNMP Ahah!

(We did a lot of purchases but with test accounts, no payment involved)

Thanks!

4. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Hope to bring you luck guys :)
    Wish you good sales once more!

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #85 Qwertz555, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    I played the hell out of it and reached the final stage, what a blast !
    Besides getting lost here and there (where the frog am i or have to go?), there was not one moment of frustration or worse, beeing bored. Even the bosses which beat me up badly so many times until i figured out their patterns.

You'll get a huge game in amount, fun and nostalgic feelings for, i repeat, two stealing bucks. Though i bought the "messy" weapon and some consumables (big big exception !) i keep playing without them.

My prefered gaming device is still my iphone5, but after beating level two, i decided to switch over to the ipad mini retina, good decision. Everything looks so much crisper and of course much bigger. And this is the point where my problem comes in. While the steering/controls usually are in the lower left corner on an iphone, they are to high on an ipad. Resulting in looking for them many times because in the heat of the battle or after switching the weapons with my left thumb. Having the option to lower them would be great.

Ok then, let's beat the last boss...

Edit: forgot to mention that i some areas you don't wish the controls to fade out, no, you will wish the opposite. Imho, at least on an ipad there's no real need for a fade out. But always nice to have these options.

6. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Final stage already?! Wow!

You know, I think we're gonna add the option to lower the controls on the iPad. And YES, in some places the controls may be too dim but anyway, people will be able to set the transparency in the next version 1.0.9.

I fully agree with you about the iPad mini retina. It is amazing for DNMP and games in general. It is also a beast in processing power and has a good battery life.

7. Canthar

Canthar Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Baby has been keeping us awake so my play time has been low recently. Initial impression on an iPad are very good, I do wish I could move the controls. Awesome tribute to Nukem and I don't think the price is too high at all.

8. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Perfect! :)

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    On my iPod Touch the controls feel really natural and I was initially concerned about complaints but I find them to be surprisingly unobtrusive and responsive. They seem position where my thumbs would be anyway.

It never gets old blasting away at literal pig cops and the platforming elements here work well.

10. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Thanks for your impressions.

We feel that too. The experience varies (obviously) from person to person but we tried to make it comfortable and natural for most. Anyway, as I already announced, there will be adjustments in position (iPad only), transparency and size for those who may find it more difficult to play.

11. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal
    Promos

Sorry guys, I don't have any more promos right now. Only in the next update. :(

12. DiogoP

DiogoP Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Portugal