Best 5S and up exclusive games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by krisko6, Sep 15, 2016.

1. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    I'm thinking about upgrading soon. I got my iphone 5 about 4 years ago and I'm ready to make the leap. I don't know if I'm going with the 6S or the 7 and I'm waiting for user impressions on the latter.

There have been more games and apps in the last couple of years that I haven't had the chance to play simply because they are far too powerful for my phone to handle, and I'm wondering if there's anything good that I've missed because of this. What great games have come out that take exclusively take advantage of higher-end phones?

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

If you don't like the removal of the headphone jack you should go with the 6s, however, the iPhone 7 will be the most powerful iPhone yet, basically making you future proof for a nice long time. Maybe 5 years. I can't give you impressions although consider this.

3. kizuxtheo

kizuxtheo Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Male
    Translator
    Venezuela
    There REALLY needs to be a constantly updated "Exclusive iOS games" list somewhere. I've been searching for several days to no avail, or maybe I'm searching wrong. Even Apple has a section with iOS exclusive apps on their AppStore, but it is impossible to access within the AppStore, and it doesn't include all exclusive or newest apps.

4. krisko6

Oct 11, 2009
    Bakersfield, CA
    I don't mean iOS exclusive games, I'm looking for games that will only work on iOS devices made since the 5S and up.

5. kizuxtheo

kizuxtheo Active Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Male
    Translator
    Venezuela
    Then you might as well just search for games released from September 2013 onward, or 2014 to be safe.

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Ha! It's like everybody is deliberately misunderstanding you. I'm guessing you want to know if there are any games that require at least an A7 chip, introduced with the 5S. Short answer is, I don't know. I believe many games run better with the A7, but I don't know how many make it a minimum requirement.

The 1GB RAM is more of an issue, I think. It's only a matter of time before 2GB RAM becomes the minimum, which is from 6S onwards. There are already one or two games, but no must-buys, as far as I'm aware.

I'm waiting to stand corrected on all of the above!

7. krisko6

Oct 11, 2009
    Bakersfield, CA
    Here's a few examples I've seen:

Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Eisenhorn:Xenos
    Submerged
    Ember
    Titan Quest
    Space Marshals 2
    Afterpulse
    MGSV: TPP Mobile App. This one really angers me, as the Ground Zeroes app worked on iPhone 5, but this one doesn't. Was looking forward to using my iPhone as an iDroid, but alas.

I'm sure there are a lot more but I haven't really followed iOS gaming the past few years as much as I used to.