Universal Polara - (by Hope This Works)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Platyrrhine, Oct 10, 2012.

1. HTWGames

HTWGames Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Honestly, we're just trying to put it in as many hands as possible before we up it to the 3 dollar mark. We're a small company trying to swim large and we want it to be accessible on launch :)

Don't forget to tell your friends or anyone else you think would dig this game. It will help us in the long run SEVERELY :)

Thanks again everyone!

2. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
  3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I know this isnt much yet, but...

[​IMG]

4. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    There are zero, zilch, nadda plans to make this IAP. This will be going up to 3 bucks to recoup costs soon. We're merely trying to gain the trust of the users out there. There's no trickery, no gimmicks... just a love of gaming and a design we really took to. We wanted to make something that smacks of our focus and ability to ensure people that we're not a joke. We're very interested in this being a major business.

That being said we still need the love and support of anyone who is enjoying this title to rank, rate, like, talk about, pass along, and just generally help us to become established :) We were up for a feature spot on Apple's store, sadly it seems all the other titles that came out on this day got there. We hit the new and noteworthy section though. So again we need to establish ourselves as a major company that is interested in delivering real entertainment.

We are ecstatic over the response so far and we're loving that people are really digging into this title. That's what it's there for :D

Enjoy yourselves!

Cheers,
    HTW

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The first endlessode is unlocked from the beginning... But the others might take a couple days... Depends on how hooked people are and how much time they can dedicate to the game... As well as whether or not they even want to go back and collect items to unlock the modes...

And then, of course, there's the people that won't even touch the endless modes until they complete the story...

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Nice! I've only got 1, 4 and 5 flawless so far. Interestingly, aside from 1, five seemed to be the easiest to get flawless. Think I did it on the second try.

7. Ok, will take your word on it. One of the developers of Kunundrum was kind to me a while back, not sure if it was you or not, but I will support your cause and throw in my buck, even though I rarely buy endless runners.

But someone said it was better than Rayman, and SV's review was very supportive of it, so count me in.

Going to the appstore, see yas. :)

8. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    This game is quite simply amazing! I am not a fan of runners in general as they usually get repetitive fairly quickly, there are a handful with hooks that can really keep me coming back but this is the real deal. It feels great and each level (yes this is a runner with actual levels!) is unique and introduces new elements that are very intuitive and change up the gameplay. i highly recommend it!

I am playing on an ipod touch 4th gen and have experienced some lag. It hasn't been a game killer so far, but it would be nice if it was addressed in the next update.

Bravo HTW!

9. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Take this game off of your watch list and buy it. For .99 you're getting big value, my iPhone5 issues aside this is a good game. It could easily have been sort of a one-trick-pony type experience, but they created a game with complexity and charm and they deserve your .99(or 2.99 depending on when you're reading this).

10. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    As bad as I am it will take a few years to finish this game xD Seems like my reactions are so bad that I played the first level about 10 times to end it without a death. And now I'm on level 2 but first I need some sleep :)

11. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    This game is amazing! One of the best runners I've played so far. My only complaint is that the platforms are rather dark and easy to miss. Any chance they could be lightened a bit?

12. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    We're is the iPad3 retina support why r u guys making games the don't support the newest iPads makes no sense please fix or I wil be deleting this off my my iPad 3 because it looks like crap on it

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... U mad?

14. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    I disagree..looks great on my iPad3..just play the game..

15. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Can anyone out there confirm how this runs on a 3GS?

If it's lag-free (although I've heard it lags on 4th-Gen touches), I'll snatch it up ASAP.

Thanks!

16. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Hey there!

The 3GS is capable of running the game though it runs at a slightly slower rate because of the hardware. If that is a major concern then I would say don't. However, someone out there who has it might be able to answer you better. We did test on older devices, but as I said it plays, but it is slower. Sorry about that!

Special note to everyone, if there is any lag during the game, the best way around it is to clear out your apps and perhaps reboot your device. There are a lot of memory issues and resource management situations that can cause your device to run slowly.

Cheers!

17. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    #117 Phoenix24, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    +1 please make the contrast sharper.

Fantastic game, where I have just lost the last 3 hours and I have to go to work in 6 hours.

This is a challenging game but not frustrating, and makes you want to complete each level in full before moving on.

Endless is tough, even on normal.

Anyone on the fence, just buy it, & gift it to a friend. Simply awesome.

18. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    BTW I've been thinking of posting something on reddit about this title... I'm just unsure how exactly I would word it without looking like a complete shill... I just want people to know about it and how awesome you all have been so far. Seriously I can't thank you guys more, the response to this title has been absolutely amazing. It's been one hell of a year and the good news is greatly appreciated.

Anyway, enough of that hahaha Anyone here know how to not look like an utter douche on reddit? :) I'm a reddit virgin and don't want to screw things up hahaha

19. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    BTW that's awesome, love seein all those gold levels with the bars. Good work man! It's all about sticking with one colour and continually going back to it on EVERY switch... do that and you won't have to worry about colour management. Rather more like oh now I have to be red - back to blue...ok have to switch to red again... back to blue...

That's the key!

20. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    https://twitter.com/doomfan/status/256570071684632578
    Yes..