Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-20-2013, 02:58 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I'm so disappointed by this game I downloaded it right after seeing the movie (super fun and funny movie, by the way. Highly recommended!), and I was trying to play it yesterday while waiting for my appointment to come around.

Maybe it's because I didn't have a good cell phone connection where I was at, but the game was constantly glitching out... I got into the first tutorial race just fine. But the problems started happening when I was told to pick a spoiler that I enjoyed the most. I was clicking around and it wasn't working... so after a few minutes, I closed the app, deleted it from multitasking, reopened it, and then voila! The tomato button was finally on.

But I didn't want that spoiler, so I clicked around to see if I could afford the others. But then all of them were greyed out, and I went back to the original and it was also greyed out. I closed/deleted/reopened, picked that spoiler, and said, "Okay, that was weird."

Then an ad popped up for another racing game. Not a big fan of that, but okay.

So then I went into the next race... but I couldn't start it. So I closed/deleted/reopened, and it finally let me get in.

These kinds of weird glitches that stopped me from being able to go anywhere in the game happened until I got in my third race I believe, and then I just gave up. It was just... so frustrating.

I think it has to do with Tito (I think his name is). His info box was always on the screen when these glitches were occurring, but there was no way for me to close said info boxes. So I just had to close/delete/reopen for the game to say, "Oh, sorry, let's move to the next screen."

Especially frustrating was the fact that I wasn't able to move past the tomato IAP screen at first. That's where I noticed the info box covering the arrow to get out.

The game pesters me with IAPs and ads, it's impossible to do anything in the game with Tito and his stupid information box, and it seems like I can only really enjoy the game when I have somewhat of a cellular connection. I've never seen that before for a game that is single-player focused on iOS. I played Injustice just fine... and I had much more fun doing it, too, considering it didn't throw me into the IAP store after every fight, or show an ad for something I don't care about every few fights.

Also about the IAPs: $4.99 for tomato doubler? No way to remove the ads? That's low.

Sorry, but is anyone else experiencing this? It was seriously pissing me off And that's the last thing I want when playing a Pikpok game, a game based on Turbo, or let alone a game that mixes the two!

The gameplay is kind of fun, though. When I was able to get into a race, it was quite enjoyable for a little bit. My control option that I have, though, isn't telling me how to slide. I am using the "left side = left turn/right side = right turn) method, and I don't see anything about being able to slide with this option. To my understanding, sliding/drifting is quite necessary to win some races, so I'd like to know how to do it with my current control scheme.

So despite the ridiculous glitches I've experienced, the overall gameplay is kind of fun. I especially love riding on rails. So fun to go upside-down and super fast!

Anyways... thought I'd bring this up.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:17 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Also about the IAPs: $4.99 for tomato doubler? No way to remove the ads? That's low.
Yeah, don't even get me started, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
My control option that I have, though, isn't telling me how to slide. I am using the "left side = left turn/right side = right turn) method, and I don't see anything about being able to slide with this option. To my understanding, sliding/drifting is quite necessary to win some races, so I'd like to know how to do it with my current control scheme.
I use that control setting, too. To drift, you just hold both sides. So if you want to drift to the right, hold down right to start turning, then also hold down left to drift.