★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-25-2011, 02:51 PM
I have problems with the timer due to the nature of how you move the units. I'm used to tapping a unit and then tapping the location to move to. In this game you have to hold and slide the unit around, most of the time I can't slide the unit to the correct square. Units are especially hard to move around when they are bunched close together. I would like the option to turn off the timer for the single player portion.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
11-25-2011, 04:25 PM
I agree. I would not mode the time off as tapping is somewhat broken when too many ships are near each other

-----
On GC I am FPEX
11-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback Marcus70 & FPE, there is a minor update in the works now, and we will definitely look into that.

Paul Turbett
Black Lab Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Available now : Star Hammer Tactics for iPad
12-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Star Hammer Tactics update available now

Hi!

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new update to Star Hammer Tactics (1.0.1) available on App Store now (here). The main changes are:

* There is a new campaign mode, called Classic Mode. Unlike the existing campaign mode (now called Arcade Mode), Classic Mode does not have time limits.
* Combat cinematics have been upgraded, including zooming in on ships as they are destroyed
* The touch controls have been refactored. It is now possible to tap and drag a ship to a new position in one action, instead of two. Selecting targets for missiles is now more intuitive.
* The HUD relating to the selected ship has been re-arranged to make it clearer
* Some of the menu screens have received a bit of a makeover
* The app icon has been changed

Enjoy!

L8r, Paul

Paul Turbett
Black Lab Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Available now : Star Hammer Tactics for iPad
05-29-2017, 01:04 AM
This was a fun game. Why is it no longer available? I just noticed Star Hammer Vanguard and I wanted to go back and play this one.