★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
damn... went to re-download starbounder but it's been pulled...
That's a shame - Starbounder was the probably my main competition, but I enjoyed playing it, too! - they'd got the tilt controls nicely tuned, and the level design got better as you got further into the game.

The icon is a tricky one. My earlier attempts were essentially a zoomed+cropped screenshot, showing the ship/alien, but it looked way too busy. I was fairly happy with the simplicity of the star on the track, but yeah, it's a bit generic, and with the star so large/bright, the track isn't all that clear. I might re-think it when I do an update...

Horizon tilt - Nobody else has commented on that yet. I guess I could make it optional. Starting to build up a small list of tweaks for the next update...

(Oh, if anyone has an iCade, give it a try. It's only been tested with an iCade Mobile, but should work with the any of the others that support landscape mode)
10-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescrn View Post
That's a shame - Starbounder was the probably my main competition, but I enjoyed playing it, too! - they'd got the tilt controls nicely tuned, and the level design got better as you got further into the game.

The icon is a tricky one. My earlier attempts were essentially a zoomed+cropped screenshot, showing the ship/alien, but it looked way too busy. I was fairly happy with the simplicity of the star on the track, but yeah, it's a bit generic, and with the star so large/bright, the track isn't all that clear. I might re-think it when I do an update...

Horizon tilt - Nobody else has commented on that yet. I guess I could make it optional. Starting to build up a small list of tweaks for the next update...

(Oh, if anyone has an iCade, give it a try. It's only been tested with an iCade Mobile, but should work with the any of the others that support landscape mode)
Testing iCade now. It is going to be like trailblazer. Fantastic. I'm hoping I can perhaps change the music. Don't like that European trancey stuff or whatever it is. Very small thing but if some proper techno from detroit could be added it would be perfect. Testing icade now.

10-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Looks awesome....downloading.
10-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the impressions SV, much appreciated. Another to add to my download list.
10-13-2012, 12:26 PM
iCade works perfect. Good button mapping too. Well done and take no heed of me on the music. As long as everyone else likes it. What a nice surprise (again) on a Saturday. This and Puwang have kept me busy today.
10-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
Thanks for the impressions SV, much appreciated. Another to add to my download list.
=o)

NP

Also loving the challenge levels (at the end of every zone, there's a stage that has all 7 previous levels in one long string for you to try and get the best score you can in... really helps out with upgrades - I got 5 upgrade points from the first challenge level alone--WOOT!)

:;:2016 GOTY:;: Imbroglio
10-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Also loving the challenge levels (at the end of every zone, there's a stage that has all 7 previous levels in one long string for you to try and get the best score you can in... really helps out with upgrades - I got 5 upgrade points from the first challenge level alone--WOOT!)
I'm just wondering how long it'll take for somebody to complete the last challenge stage... it's a little bit tricky, that one
10-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Only played through the first zone, but loving the challenge levels especially. Is there any thought to having an endless mode?
10-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Excellent game. Smooth, fast and great controls. Reminds me of Trailblazer on the C64. Well worth the 1.50. 👾
10-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Reminds me of Boost 2, but more complex and graphically more impressive. Bought.