★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty One View Post
It's only for iPad 2 or later...I read it on the official site.

Also, according to the app description, I believe the subscription price per month ranges from $1-$10 depending on how much access you want...but I could be wrong.
The official site may say ipad2. The iTunes Store does not. It says ipad.
04-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Twitch based gaming with ios vs pc gaming...should go as well as FPS games that tried to be console vs pc...I'll still pick it up for a buck next week.

04-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeles View Post
So from what you posted it sounds like eve online with twitch controls heh.
Heh, yes, VO is still fighting that moniker. It was actually in development back before EVE as revealed to the world (before 2003), and for all our nosiness and digging, we've never been able to find any hidden connection between the VO team and CCP

In a way, it applies. But (as a fan of both EVE and VO) I'd say that Vendetta Online is much more personal, of a considerably smaller scale (for brilliantly good and limitingly bad), and in some ways actually far more hardcore than EVE (see previous parenthesis).

Quote:
Thanks Ayjona!! That really gets me pumped to get into this....

I've only been able to play around with this briefly but I am VERY impressed so far! It's seems to be a very complex and deep game yet it has a simple and easy-to-use interface. The controls are intuitive and smooth...

Really looking forward to getting more time with this as I have never really played any MMO before (although I have been really trying to get into DUST 514 for awhile)

Anyway I will give some feedback later....
You're kinda starting off the deep end of MMOs... and that's great! Chances are, you will not be comfortable with the mainstream MMO paradigm after this, should VO be to your liking

Im actually getting myself pumped to get back into VO Sadly, from what I've understood, the iPhone port is ways away, if it will ever be realized.

(By the wayward way, I was so looking forward to Dust 514, to the point of enthusiastingly reading the beta review and realizing it is console only...)

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
04-17-2013, 06:40 PM
No auto-rotate is kind of annoying, but the game runs great on my iPad Mini.
04-17-2013, 06:51 PM
If this game's depth and complexity is anywhere near what eve online is like in the following graph, I'm sold. I don't need cookie cutter mmo's, when I'm in the mood for cookie cutter I go WoW. I love eve online, I'm sure I'll love vendetta too

Gamecenter : taeles
04-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeles View Post
If this game's depth and complexity is anywhere near what eve online is like in the following graph, I'm sold. I don't need cookie cutter mmo's, when I'm in the mood for cookie cutter I go WoW. I love eve online, I'm sure I'll love vendetta too

This just made my day. Hahahahaha
04-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
It's only for iPad 2 or later...I read it on the official site.

Also, according to the app description, I believe the subscription price per month ranges from $1-$10 depending on how much access you want...but I could be wrong.
I guess the million dollar question is, what does a LITE subscription entail?
04-17-2013, 08:09 PM
I go to log in and cannot connect anymore. The progress bar gets half-way and just stalls (I left it sitting for over 20 minutes). I have deleted and re-installed, yet I am experiencing the same problem. Also, with the IAP: I purchased the $5 6-month package and I am receiving an error message every time I select it saying that the purchase "has been aborted" even though I already bought it. Perhaps their servers are just bogged down from launch day?

Last edited by Cg2005; 04-17-2013 at 08:12 PM.
04-17-2013, 08:12 PM
I also bought on a 1st gen iPad based off the iTunes comparability description. I am also having crash after the "presents..." screen. If the games official site listed a different compatability listing then I'm feeling like I just tossed a dollar down the toilet. Not the end of the world, but sorta like when you don't get your Coke after you put a dollar in the machine, except shaking my iPad won't fix this problem.
04-17-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm bummed this is iPad only. I have an iPad but I never carry it with me out of the house. So most of my gaming is primarily on my iPhone 5. This would be so epic to have in my pocket. Fingers crossed they work on releasing an iPhone version.