★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apple TV: Games we WANT to see come to Apple TV

12-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Games we WANT to see come to Apple TV

So now that we finally have the Apple TV we've all wanted (at least in some respects), what games would you like to see come to Apple's new platform?

--
  • Card games like Hearthstone, Ascension, and MtG
  • EA sports games like FIFA and Madden
  • Elder Scrolls style games like Ravensword
  • More shooters! NOVA 3 would be a fun start, but other non-freemium shooters
  • Terraria and Miners of Mars would be great, and other such mining games (*ahem Minecraft)

--

What do you want?
12-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Minecraft!

12-28-2015, 03:38 PM
I second minecraft, also:

xcom
radiation island
galactic keep
talisman
don't starve
the room series
angry birds

to mention just a few.
12-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post
I second minecraft, also:

xcom
radiation island
galactic keep
talisman
don't starve
the room series
angry birds

to mention just a few.
YES. XCom and Radiation Island.

Wouldn't mind seeing the classic GTA games, either.
12-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Radiation Island
Bioshock
FTL
Frozen Synapse
Xcom
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Wayward Souls
Aralon: Forge and Flame
Drylands
Star Wars: KoToR
12-29-2015, 01:06 AM
In addition to some of the games already mentioned, I wouldn't mind some board games. Some of the iPad versions of board games I play are very well done and I think most would transition well to the ATV, with much increased screen real estate being a big asset. Of course these would mostly need to be solo vs. AI play (cooperative games being the exception), but online multiplayer should be an option for playing in real time. Pandemic, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Catan, Small World, Splendor, Le Havre, Agricola, etc.
12-29-2015, 02:53 PM
I'd also like to see a proper Madden game although I do wonder if Apple insist that it must be compatible with the Siri remote then I'm not I can see how it could happen. I also fear that Apple's half-assed approach to promoting Apple TV and it's terrible app store will also prove to be obstacles to getting a good number of premium games available.
12-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Yes some board games will be nice, Carcassone, Talisman. And games like Wayward Souls and Tallowmere, or X-com, Bug Heroes
12-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroonBottle View Post
I'd also like to see a proper Madden game although I do wonder if Apple insist that it must be compatible with the Siri remote then I'm not I can see how it could happen. I also fear that Apple's half-assed approach to promoting Apple TV and it's terrible app store will also prove to be obstacles to getting a good number of premium games available.
I actually think a Madden game would be one of the easier sports games to create, even with Apple's limitations. Even the console version of Madden features some auto-play features (corners will automatically follow their receivers even if you're selecting one of them, running backs will follow the play until you move the left stick, etc).

But yes, I'd love to see an actual Madden game.
12-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigarcia75 View Post
Yes some board games will be nice, Carcassone, Talisman. And games like Wayward Souls and Tallowmere, or X-com, Bug Heroes
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtphug View Post
In addition to some of the games already mentioned, I wouldn't mind some board games. Some of the iPad versions of board games I play are very well done and I think most would transition well to the ATV, with much increased screen real estate being a big asset. Of course these would mostly need to be solo vs. AI play (cooperative games being the exception), but online multiplayer should be an option for playing in real time. Pandemic, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Catan, Small World, Splendor, Le Havre, Agricola, etc.
This would be especially cool if you could use your iPad or iPhone to keep your hand secret. For games like MtG or Ascension, it would be fantastic.