★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apple TV: Games we WANT to see come to Apple TV

12-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalmac View Post
This would be especially cool if you could use your iPad or iPhone to keep your hand secret. For games like MtG or Ascension, it would be fantastic.
That would be amazing. Hmm, time to start putting that out there to all the relevant devs.
A good FIFA game would be awesome, but I'm also concerned about the remote limitations.
12-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtphug View Post
That would be amazing. Hmm, time to start putting that out there to all the relevant devs.
A good FIFA game would be awesome, but I'm also concerned about the remote limitations.
That could be easy, too. Turn the remote sideways and use the touch pad as a virtual D-PAD, then make the play/pause button or volume rockers pass, tackle, shot, click the touchpad to sprint, etc.

If that doesn't work, there are other ways to make it happen. If they can make shooters remotely compatible with the remote, they can make FIFA work (Afterpulse is pretty great, if you haven't tried it... Once you conquer the IAP model).

12-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigarcia75 View Post
Yes some board games will be nice, Carcassone, Talisman. And games like Wayward Souls and Tallowmere, or X-com, Bug Heroes
There is a Carcassone clone up on ATV App Store.
12-31-2015, 07:03 AM
Ambrosia SW's Deimos Rising

That game was a freaking arcade masterpiece, a perfect jewel....
12-31-2015, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
There is a Carcassone clone up on ATV App Store.
Will search for that, thanks
12-31-2015, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danigarcia75 View Post
Will search for that, thanks
I think it's called Castles Board Game.
12-31-2015, 07:36 PM
Games I want on Apple TV?

Already on iOS:
SNK games(metal slug, King of fighters)
Capcom games(street fighter, final fight)
Square Enix(dragon quest, final fantasy)
Sega(sonic, crazy taxi, sonic all star racers)
Nemco(soul caliber, Tekken, pac man dx)
Telltale(the walking dead)
EA(dead space iOS)

With the A8 as the baseline for developing games I think the Apple TV could handle some graphical intensive games if needed.
If you look at the psp vita, most of those games would work no problem on the Apple TV...
Again the only thing holding the Apple TV back is the remote requirement... It really was a horrible decision!
We won't see any of these games being released until this is reversed.
12-31-2015, 07:58 PM
I wish that there was a way to automatically have games support TV. Maybe games that support Mfi controllers could be played?
01-01-2016, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
I wish that there was a way to automatically have games support TV. Maybe games that support Mfi controllers could be played?
This is all due to Tim Cook's decision to force developers to stream their games except for an initial 200MB download. Due to that, unless developers take their existing games apart to recode them for an initial 200MB download followed by streaming, their games won't work. It was a very bad decision and why we see so few games moving over from iPad.
01-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Pinball Arcade would be AMAZING!

So long as it was universal and all my IAPs from iOS were intact!

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!