★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-09-2016, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Who would've thought we'd ever see this day!? And I'm not talking about the election. Thankyou so much Feral Interactive and SEGA.
At least that is the good news for everyone today.
:P
11-09-2016, 11:36 PM
I was looking at the installed file size in my memory manager when I noticed this listed as the Gold version, there is no mention of this in the app description.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	108418  

11-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Another jailbroken 6+ here, the game's playable, though I'd definitely recommend an iPad.
11-10-2016, 12:04 AM
Anyone in the position to see if it even installs on a 3?

Im sure at least the campaign map is runnable on a ipad3, it's not too intense.
11-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Another jailbroken 6+ here, the game's playable, though I'd definitely recommend an iPad.
Yeh played some of the tutorial/campaign on my 6+. My eyes have gone funny. I wouldn't recommend it on this screen. Not that the devs ever intended it anyway.

I can't for the life of me work out how to get out of the campaign and back to the main menu. The help menu from the top left only talks about a pause button but I cannot even find it, or the one that I press on that the help is talking about does nothing. I'm sure I'm missing something blaringly obvious.

Edit: quit out of the game using home button and completely terminated the game from memory. Started up again, made a custom battle and went and tried the pause/save menu button in that battle. Now it's working. Weird it wasn't working in the tutorial. (I think I had completed the tutorial and was now playing a semi-open ended campaign....it doesn't seem to just end, rather leaves it open to you, but for whatever reason, my pause button wasn't working in this scenario.

Last edited by Talbs; 11-10-2016 at 12:57 AM.
11-10-2016, 01:00 AM
So, no further control issues, right?

3+ GB, I think I really in need of a 128GB 12.9" iPad PRO

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-10-2016, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
So, no further control issues, right?

3+ GB, I think I really in need of a 128GB 12.9" iPad PRO
I have a 128GB 12.9" and it's that a good amount of space but I would recommend figuring out how often and where you will use the iPad.

Normally I get the biggest specs available so it will last me 3 years, but I only found out about the 256GB version a few months after the launch and would have got that because I have a lot of heavy applications.

Seriously, I use the 12.9 everyday for work and home and I am hovering at 8GB space left (I had to remove all my Audiobooks) so I am at that point I have to start choosing what to install and remove.

To answer your other question (if you haven't played it already) the controls are comprehensive but intuitive, so it's not a game you can just jump in and play like pinball games, but it works and you can do some complex stuff so far...formations, unit/group info, grouping, set different paths for different groups, quick jumping across the battle map.

I think it also helps to have a large 12.9" iPad.
11-10-2016, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlax View Post
Briefly played a custom battle on the iPad Air 2. I believe I have the medium sized units as pro iPads have the biggest. The game runs smoothly and looks stunning. The controls are all fluid and good but clearly take some time to get used to and master. The only problem I have found so far and it is very minuscule is it is sometimes hard to change the shape of your units formation. Besides that I think the game is great.
You mean for a more powerfull iPad has a bigger troop unit size?

I wanna buy a iPad Pro 9.7" or iPad Mini 4 for playing this game and Football Manager Touch 2017.
I love a more portable iPad but iPad Pro" GPU is much powerful than iPad Mini 4.

Can iPad Mini 4 run this game well in terms of both control and fluency?
11-10-2016, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiralbison View Post
To answer your other question (if you haven't played it already) the controls are comprehensive but intuitive, so it's not a game you can just jump in and play like pinball games, but it works and you can do some complex stuff so far...formations, unit/group info, grouping, set different paths for different groups, quick jumping across the battle map.

I think it also helps to have a large 12.9" iPad.
No, still not available in HK store. If it were, I still need to trade away Jade Empire and a couple of big stuffs before I can accommodate it (iPad Mini 2 with puny 32GB here) iPad is my primary mobile gaming machine.

Like BG1 and BG2, this is another game that literally asks for a very big screen, for leads me to believe there will be a 16.9" iPad PRO some day.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-10-2016, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
No, still not available in HK store. If it were, I still need to trade away Jade Empire and a couple of big stuffs before I can accommodate it (iPad Mini 2 with puny 32GB here) iPad is my primary mobile gaming machine.

Like BG1 and BG2, this is another game that literally asks for a very big screen, for leads me to believe there will be a 16.9" iPad PRO some day.
16.9" iPad will be too heary and bigger than many notebook.

A tablet should be something that has size in between smartphone and notebook.

If a tablet that cannot be so portable, it should not called tablet.