★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

06-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Steakfries View Post
Cool trailer. I also noticed a little bit of some familiar music too.

Do you make the music yourselves, and if you do, can you tell me what software you make your music on?
Sometimes we do the music in-house, other times not. The music for this game (and the trailer) so far have been done in-house. We use Cubase mostly (with most sounds coming from East West Quantum Leap).
06-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Sometimes we do the music in-house, other times not. The music for this game (and the trailer) so far have been done in-house. We use Cubase mostly (with most sounds coming from East West Quantum Leap).
Cool, that's what I figured, because the music sounded similar to Bug Heroes 2 and War Tortoise.

06-10-2017, 11:53 AM
The trailer didn't show the other part of the game with the cards and stuff so I'm still curious to what that looks like. I'm guessing that wasn't ready yet ? For a minute I thought you cut that part of the game
06-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrikeguy View Post
The trailer didn't show the other part of the game with the cards and stuff so I'm still curious to what that looks like. I'm guessing that wasn't ready yet ? For a minute I thought you cut that part of the game
Its definitely ready - its just with ~10s of game footage, showing an overhead view of moving army banners on some tiles isn't likely to grab anyone's attention In all seriousness without any context it would be hard to know what was going on if we just clipped to a video of that part of the game.
06-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrikeguy View Post
The trailer didn't show the other part of the game with the cards and stuff so I'm still curious to what that looks like. I'm guessing that wasn't ready yet ? For a minute I thought you cut that part of the game
Oh, it's ready! They certainly didn't cut it out. I think they left that part of the game out because it has less action, as all armies on the overworld map are represented with a circle and a floating icon indicating that specific army/ship/airship. I feel like those watching the video in the App Store would feel less compelled by the boardgame-like setup of the overworld (though, from experience, I think both halves of the game are equally compelling ). This is just from a first impression standpoint. The overworld strategic half of the game had/has some bugs to sort out, but besides that, all aspects of the overworld map seem complete. That is, unless there's more content planned for this part of the game before release.
06-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Its definitely ready - its just with ~10s of game footage, showing an overhead view of moving army banners on some tiles isn't likely to grab anyone's attention In all seriousness without any context it would be hard to know what was going on if we just clipped to a video of that part of the game.
Ahh, you beat me to it
06-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Quick update on the beta v2... sorry its taking so long! We've had some unforeseen personal issues crop up that have slowed down development a bit for the past 2 weeks or so. I think its looking like the beta v2 be sent out in another week or so (ie, not next week, but the week after), at this point.

If you applied for the beta originally, we've got your name and will be doing another random drawing for around 30-50 people, so keep your eyes out for the beta emails within a week or 2!
06-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Quick update on the beta v2... sorry its taking so long! We've had some unforeseen personal issues crop up that have slowed down development a bit for the past 2 weeks or so. I think its looking like the beta v2 be sent out in another week or so (ie, not next week, but the week after), at this point.

If you applied for the beta originally, we've got your name and will be doing another random drawing for around 30-50 people, so keep your eyes out for the beta emails within a week or 2!
Sweet. Anyways, about your music, it always has this original feel to it, that's how I spotted it. It always gets my heart pumping when I'm listening to this kind of music and makes your games... more funner??
06-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Quick update on the beta v2... sorry its taking so long! We've had some unforeseen personal issues crop up that have slowed down development a bit for the past 2 weeks or so. I think its looking like the beta v2 be sent out in another week or so (ie, not next week, but the week after), at this point.

If you applied for the beta originally, we've got your name and will be doing another random drawing for around 30-50 people, so keep your eyes out for the beta emails within a week or 2!

Hope everything is ok on the personal end of things.
06-17-2017, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Quick update on the beta v2... sorry its taking so long! We've had some unforeseen personal issues crop up that have slowed down development a bit for the past 2 weeks or so. I think its looking like the beta v2 be sent out in another week or so (ie, not next week, but the week after), at this point.

If you applied for the beta originally, we've got your name and will be doing another random drawing for around 30-50 people, so keep your eyes out for the beta emails within a week or 2!
I hope everything is well with you gentlemen. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.