★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The instrument thread!!!!!!!!

01-17-2017, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobriks Cube View Post
The base violin!
YOU DONT KNOW HOW HARD I AM FACE PALMING RIGHT NOW. DOUBLE BASS.
:/ a

and yes, those are in bands. I'm surprised Alabama doesn't have any orchestras in school. In Missouri, orchestras dominated. (There were still bands though)

I know RubRub's address | I also know Bluetoad's address | And GabbeSebbe01
youtube: youtube.com/zainb
A.K.A creep100
gdprofiles.com/zab100
01-17-2017, 11:30 PM
I'm a trumpet (aka the best instrument) and our band director says "screw chair placements"

01-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Been learning the guitar over the last couple years and am in love with it. Found a great instructor who is teaching me lots of Blues and old rock...both finger style and flat picking. Im focusing on acoustic now but plan to play electric once I build my chops up a bit more.

Currently, I own a Taylor 414 and this little kick ass Mahagany Escape Traveler Guitar. Also snapped up up a 2015 American Deluxe Telecaster, before Fender made changes to the deluxe model last year.

Almost all my free time is spent playing so my gaming time has decreased substantially. Only regret is that I didn't start playing decades ago🎸🎶
01-18-2017, 05:54 PM
Location: Literally right here in TA. But sometimes, I'll scram for a bit or a while.
Send a message via Skype™ to Noobriks Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by zab100 View Post
YOU DONT KNOW HOW HARD I AM FACE PALMING RIGHT NOW. DOUBLE BASS.
:/ a
Super hard face palm to you. Do you really expect a band player, who hasn't been studying at all to know this, to know the name of every orchestra instrument? I am no orchestra nerd or any of that because I'M A BAND PLAYER FFS. When I gave my hint, I said I played a tube instrument, which obviously means I'm in band; one thing I do know about orchestra is that there are no tube instruments.

GD user: MagmeticForce. Fact 'bout me: I will develop games hopefully soon. Follow me on Twitch!|The "Rubriks" Cube thread. AKA Wapyver (combo of Waluigi, Papyrus, and Silver).My Avatar Up Close

Last edited by Noobriks Cube; 01-18-2017 at 05:59 PM.
01-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Super hard face palm to you. Do you really expect a band player, who hasn't been studying at all to know this, to know the name of every orchestra instrument? I am no orchestra nerd or any of that because I'M A BAND PLAYER FFS. When I gave my hint, I said I played a tube instrument, which obviously means I'm in band; one thing I do know about orchestra is that there are no tube instruments.
A) orchestra only has 4 instruments (sometimes 5)
B) Where did bass violin come from. A closer thing would have been bass cello
C) Orchestra can include band instruments

I know RubRub's address | I also know Bluetoad's address | And GabbeSebbe01
youtube: youtube.com/zainb
A.K.A creep100
gdprofiles.com/zab100
01-19-2017, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Dude, it's the double bass. Yes, you should know the name of it. At least, if you like music. F*#%! I'm an appalling guitar player myself. Like, really bad. Still, makes me happy.

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
01-21-2017, 12:15 AM
Location: Literally right here in TA. But sometimes, I'll scram for a bit or a while.
Send a message via Skype™ to Noobriks Cube
Quote:
Originally Posted by zab100 View Post
A) orchestra only has 4 instruments (sometimes 5)
B) Where did bass violin come from. A closer thing would have been bass cello
C) Orchestra can include band instruments
A) Well thanks for making me look like a dumbass.
B) I didn't know the name of the double bass. I searched up, "Base violin" (and yes I know it would actually be "Bass violin") and I got images of what I was thinking of.
C) Yes I know that. When the orchestra in my school preformed for us, a drum player wanted to be in one of their songs, and they got in it. I was talking about the category of the instrument. A trumpet wouldn't be categorized under "orchestra," now would it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Dude, it's the double bass. Yes, you should know the name of it. At least, if you like music. F*#%! I'm an appalling guitar player myself. Like, really bad. Still, makes me happy.
Well of course I know the name of it now. What made you think I didn't? If I didn't read the post, then I wouldn't have replied to it.

GD user: MagmeticForce. Fact 'bout me: I will develop games hopefully soon. Follow me on Twitch!|The "Rubriks" Cube thread. AKA Wapyver (combo of Waluigi, Papyrus, and Silver).My Avatar Up Close