★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Safari Kart - 3D Kart Racing!

06-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackaluk View Post
Hope this releases with controller support, else it's a no for me!
There indeed is a controller support! Unfortunately not all of the menus are controller-only compatible, as they were designed for the touch screen first. If you are using an device-attached controller this should not be an issue.
However, full controller support (with all of the menus) will be released in a patch later this summer. It is definitely something I want to have working perfectly. Just a matter of prioritization and trying to get game released as soon as possible, so we can get more feedback and make other improvements and additions

Here we are testing the game yesterday via Airplay to our TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kart_controller_small.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	114859   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart_controller_help_small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	114861  
06-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Game looks sweet! And even sweeter with controller support. Hopefully it works with Logitech Powershell. There is at least one game I know that has controller support, but crashes when the Powershell is attached.

Anyhow, looking forward to this.
06-19-2017, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retr0-MD2 View Post
Game looks sweet! And even sweeter with controller support. Hopefully it works with Logitech Powershell. There is at least one game I know that has controller support, but crashes when the Powershell is attached.
Logitech Powershell seems like an interesting device. Was under 10 on Amazon so ordered one and will make sure Safari Kart works on it!
06-19-2017, 05:11 AM
really adore that green crocodile...so cute! wonder if this game would include online mode. I guess it would be much funny playing together
06-22-2017, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycupcake View Post
its gonna be universal with apple tv + icloud + mfi controller right?
Only Universal iOS in the beginning with in-game MFI-controller support. Full controller support (meaning you can use all of the menus without a touch screen) along with (hopefully!) apple tv build will come later this summer. Unlocked tracks and characters are automatically synced via iCloud.