★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

+++ THE GIRL WHO SOLD THE WORLD +++ Audio Adventure Game +++ Unique Experience

02-20-2017, 11:43 AM
UPDATE #2: gameplay teaser #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8RngKYjPs

We just published teaser #1 for TGWSTW showing a small part of the gameplay specifically a few inputs, choices and one failed time pressure choice.
There may be up to 4 options you can choose from and thus push the story into a specific direction.

We are going to release another teaser very soon showing:
1. The "DO LIST" (gear icon) where you can decide what to do or explore next by picking a task from a range of possibilities.
2. The puzzling process of a combination puzzle

Stay tuned!
06-16-2017, 04:58 AM
Send a message via MSN to lirin111
Hi everyone,

Before that I tried to contact you on Twitter but I am not sure if you are active there.

I am totally blind gamer, musician, sound designer and voice actor. I worked on several projects before including design, voice acting or just testing. I worked on the accessibility for few video games including Skullgirls or visual novels like Narcissu and Steins;gate.

I am just wondering if your game will be accessible for the blind community as it's completely based on audio. It will be just weird if something what is audio-based will be not.

If you need testers I could help you with optimising it and make it much more friendly for the blind players.

Hopefully you're open for the suggestions and will make it really playable for us as it's sounds really amazing!

Best regards,

Tom
06-17-2017, 06:33 AM
Hi Tom,

thanks for reaching out to us. We thought about making TGWSTW enjoyable for visually impaired players from the very beginning of development and we came to the conclusion that our budget is too small to make this happen right in the first release.

Because it's not just about reading aloud the controls, decision etc. The goal is to keep the same level of experience as in the pure audio version, which includes puzzles and mini-games so we have to come up with some smart and fun solutions. Every time when we approach new ideas, we want to make them as perfect as possible. That's our philosophy. And that means a lot of research, more skilled people to hire and hence bigger development costs.

Long story cut short - this is only to justify why we couldn't reach that goal right from the beginning. If the first Chapter is going to be successfull enough to increase our team, then we'll definitely pick up the idea, develope and release it afterwards as an update.

We would love to have you as a consultant for that project. Please drop us a line at hi@thegirlwhosoldtheworld.com with a copy of your post so we can stay in touch with you.

Have a nice weekend,
Art
08-13-2017, 05:58 PM
+++ THE GIRL WHO SOLD THE WORLD +++ Audio Adventure Game +++ LAUNCHING

Update: TGWSTW is launching!

It was a rocky road but we finally did it.
We’re happy and proud to announce that chapter 1 will be available on AppStore and Google Play on August 15.

So check your headphones and make some space on your smartphone
08-16-2017, 09:06 AM

.................................................. .......
Come on! Make use of it and have fun!