★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Grapple Gum - backward shooter game

03-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Grapple Gum - backward shooter game

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to announce my new game called Grapple Gum , a backwards shooter in which you play as a little, pink piece of gum and grapple across moving objects. It's a neat mix of mechanics as you can float through the space, hitch a ride by hooking on the various platforms, and slingshot your way from one piece to another while also shooting at all kinds of targets, including big bosses and the little various sooty critters nibbling at your toes.

It will be an platform-action game that really tries to nail the "action shooter" feeling on mobile, this mean a one touch gameplay. I will update this thread with new content. Hope you like it.

Developed by: @Ali_Mehrez
Release: 14 September 2017
Model: Premium. (No IAP or Ads)

September 14, 2017

Good Morning Guys!

It's release day, yeay!

The game is already available in all the Asia region and will be available on the EU and US AppStore very soon!

I hope you'll enjoy the experience ^^

Kind Regards,
Ali Mehrez

August 30, 2017

Happy to announce that Grapple Gum will be released worldwide the 14th of September 2017 for $1.99 on the App Store.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Grapple Gum is an award winning SlingShot-Action-Platformer in which you play as a little pink piece of gum and grapple across moving objects. It's a neat mix of mechanics as you can float through the space, hitch a ride by hooking on the various platforms, and slingshot your way from one piece to another while also shooting at all kinds of targets, including big bosses and the little various sooty critters nibbling at your toes.

DENSE CONTENT
- Play 10 levels filled with 10 Gigantic bosses and hordes of hand painted, kid friendly, critters.
- Discover 6 Awesome and Unique Weapons, with 3 levels of upgrade for each.
- Unlock 42 Permanent Bonus, which offer exceptional replayability.
- Enjoy Fast paced, touchy and crazy satisfying action.

BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS
The doodle artwork is brought to life with fluid animation and popping visual effects. Every component has been recreated in meticulous details!

INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS
Grapple Gum features a One touch control. Tap, hold or swipe and hitch a ride with your grapple or shoot at everything and leave a mess of bursted monsters! Intuitive controls deliver a gaming experience both fun and challenging.

FUN FOR EVERYONE
Grapple Gum is easy enough for anyone to pick up... but it requires tenacity and quick reflex to master.

I'd like to thank all of TouchArcade beta testers for participating in my beta test. The builds I shared with you saw plenty of installs and, more importantly, some fantastic feedback. Please feel free connect via email, Twitter, Facebook -- whatever you'd like.

All the best,
Ali "Liva" Mehrez

August 11, 2017
-A video of gameplay offering a new point of view.

Youtube link | Pop Up

July 28, 2017
- I have the pleasure to announce that I'm teaming with Zplay. With their help as a publisher well-established in Asia, I'll be able to release the game worldwide, localized and more polished than ever. The release is near so I've been working on a basic ingame tutorial.

Youtube link | Pop Up

June 17, 2017
- Still working hard on Grapple Gum, I made some major tweak on the User Interface and reworked the Upgrade System, now when you complete a level you have a choice of 2 random upgrades, the first one is free, if you want both it will cost you 1000 gem and if you dont want anyone of them, you can enjoy a bonus of 500 gem

Youtube link | Pop Up

May 29, 2017
- gameplay video!

Youtube link | Pop Up

May 27, 2017
- I was looking for somethings to surprise the player and I came up with this little fella, he likes to hide in balloons to trick us and prevent the player to catch the star

May 10, 2017
- Today I'm working on a boss fight!

http://imgur.com/a/7FUFQ

May 6, 2017
- Me trying to catch the star, shooting enemies and picking weapon upgrades

http://imgur.com/e0kAw7c

May 5, 2017
- The balloon you're hooked on will move the opposite direction you are firing on, react quickly and save it from exploding

http://imgur.com/ENll6PG

May 5, 2017
- some graphic changes, moving platforms warn you of obstacles by turning red

http://imgur.com/VVInfzr

March 17, 2017
- Tweaking the jump ability, smooth and fun

imgur mirror

March 5, 2017
- Still designing monsters, this one will be a little be tricky to deal with, I hope

March 2, 2017
- Added some new monsters like these ones

(forgive the sorting layer bug)

imgur mirror

March 1, 2017
- Here is some gameplay footage. This is all very early stuff but I wanted to go ahead and get the word out so I can answer your questions and get your feedback. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

imgur mirror

- The splatter effect I developed, It uses a particle emitter and its super efficient on mobile

imgur mirror

- thanks to /r/unity3d feedback, I reworked Grapple Gun UI from scratch, still a WIP but I am quiet happy with the paper feel

imgur mirror

Cheers!

Last edited by liva; 09-14-2017 at 05:33 AM.
03-01-2017, 02:04 PM
this looks stunning!

03-01-2017, 03:27 PM
thank you!
03-02-2017, 12:11 AM
This looks really great!
03-02-2017, 03:03 AM
I think that imgur images are dead, I can't see them.
03-02-2017, 04:42 AM
@vectorarchitekt : Thank you for your kind reply!

@Simoqsa : how about now?

Last edited by liva; 03-02-2017 at 04:57 AM.
03-02-2017, 12:14 PM
? The funk!!!
Sash-O get in here!
03-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Today I added some new monsters like these ones

(sorry for the sorting layer bug)

imgur mirror

Last edited by liva; 03-02-2017 at 07:41 PM.
03-05-2017, 06:24 AM
Still designing monsters, this one will be a little be tricky to deal with, I hope

03-17-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm finally happy with the jump ability, smooth and fun

imgur mirror