★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch CA/PH] Skullgirls (by LINE Corporation)

05-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,640
100 gold fighters and 100 million gold? soon? i dont know how you are calculating, or how many months youve been playing,

all i know is i started this week, i just got three silver characters and it takes 4!!! energy each prize fight, for 200 xp!!! IF i win the AI from turtle bay.

if they dont change things for next weeks release they will be having you with your 100 golds and madreviewer who wanted the game to be more difficult, less generous so he can throw his money at it. The rest of us and the new players get shafted hard.
05-21-2017, 03:44 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
100 gold fighters and 100 million gold? soon? i dont know how you are calculating, or how many months youve been playing,

all i know is i started this week, i just got three silver characters and it takes 4!!! energy each prize fight, for 200 xp!!! IF i win the AI from turtle bay.

if they dont change things for next weeks release they will be having you with your 100 golds and madreviewer who wanted the game to be more difficult, less generous so he can throw his money at it. The rest of us and the new players get shafted hard.
They give top 10% players 1 gold character every few days it seems.

So every 3 days the top 10% playerbase will be getting 1 gold cahracter.

Basically it will take 300 days to get another 100 gold characters lol.

I already have over 5 million gold. But the new prize event makes you get like 250k gold every few days or so...

so yeah... it seems this game is very very very giving to experienced players but new players get shafted hard...

Plus+ ID: osterus

05-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osterus View Post
They give top 10% players 1 gold character every few days it seems.

So every 3 days the top 10% playerbase will be getting 1 gold cahracter.

Basically it will take 300 days to get another 100 gold characters lol.

I already have over 5 million gold. But the new prize event makes you get like 250k gold every few days or so...

so yeah... it seems this game is very very very giving to experienced players but new players get shafted hard...
Yup, that's exactly the problem I currently see. I can progress in the events and other modes since I already have a bunch of gold and silver characters that have been upgraded. Players with characters even more fully upgraded likely have even less of an issue. However, newer players are going to become frustrated pretty quickly when they realize how much of a grind getting gold has become for them until they can hit a point were they actually get a benefit from the new modes. Combined with the new hyper-turtling AI, I'm hoping the world-wide release doesn't flop due to new players just quitting out of shear boredom.
05-21-2017, 11:32 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwolf View Post
Yup, that's exactly the problem I currently see. I can progress in the events and other modes since I already have a bunch of gold and silver characters that have been upgraded. Players with characters even more fully upgraded likely have even less of an issue. However, newer players are going to become frustrated pretty quickly when they realize how much of a grind getting gold has become for them until they can hit a point were they actually get a benefit from the new modes. Combined with the new hyper-turtling AI, I'm hoping the world-wide release doesn't flop due to new players just quitting out of shear boredom.
Yep, the game seems to punish new players and favour top 1%.

Not exactly the type of motivation I was hoping to see prior to release.

I get that the game is meant to be harder but I feel like rewarding the top 1% with golds every few days is a bit much....


all imo.

Plus+ ID: osterus
05-22-2017, 06:00 AM
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,640
happy to see even the more advanced players like you agree. and as my last complaining post,

I spent all my gems and rewards, and have now opened over 25 PRIME relics (not the bronze fighter ones, prime) with all my gems and rewards from acts.
It got me all bronzes, 2!!! silvers and one third silver from filling the shard to get meter.

Way to convince me to not spend any money. Generous game? oh yeah, try spending everything and getting next to nothing. Then the stupid AI and the horrific xp rate are just the cherry on top. Do you know what i got from 25 pulls in IJ2? 4 gold characters, i guess they want me to play! Anyway, Enough from me, i am just sad if they never improve this, it could have been the BEST but i could swear, EA must have taken over it...
05-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
happy to see even the more advanced players like you agree. and as my last complaining post,

I spent all my gems and rewards, and have now opened over 25 PRIME relics (not the bronze fighter ones, prime) with all my gems and rewards from acts.
It got me all bronzes, 2!!! silvers and one third silver from filling the shard to get meter.

Way to convince me to not spend any money. Generous game? oh yeah, try spending everything and getting next to nothing. Then the stupid AI and the horrific xp rate are just the cherry on top. Do you know what i got from 25 pulls in IJ2? 4 gold characters, i guess they want me to play! Anyway, Enough from me, i am just sad if they never improve this, it could have been the BEST but i could swear, EA must have taken over it...
Ouch. I think you got really unlucky.

Either that or the drop rates may have been changed...

Last patch, I got a gold every 10-15 relics.. but seemed to get lucky a few times..

currently sitting on 6 golds but cant remember how many premiere relics i've opened so far. It was probably well over 50 though.

This game would be really tough without at least 1 gold character though!!

edit: i also play IJ2 and get neverending shards... not even characters. They are SUPER stingy over at injustice too.

Plus+ ID: osterus
05-24-2017, 10:53 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,086
Out now! New discussion thread here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=306098

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA