★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What ONE non-64 bit game would would you like to be updated

05-26-2017, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHess00 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but won't that hurt the devs more than Apple?
Yup. Refunds are taken from the devs.
05-26-2017, 10:43 PM
I couldn't bear to see Dungeon Raid break.

But honorable mentions go to to Hipsta Chez and Chip Chain.

Also I've wondered if Vlambeer will update Ridiculous Fishing (I forget when 64-bit started)?

05-27-2017, 02:34 AM
Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
And that is bad why? In the case of xcom and fftactics i say it should be taken from the devs. Heck they have the resources for the update, it is not apple's fault they are just lazy. Other cases maybe not, but the big ones? I say "Go for the eyes Boo. Go for the eyes!"
05-27-2017, 02:38 AM
Oh and btw

How can you tell if a game is 32 or 64?
And do not give the smarty reply "go to the settings blah blah"
I mean for games i don't have installed but have bought (so i can start working on my backlog).
Oh and another question. The stupid apple updates seem to be downloading all the time, and when i don't want to update i have to refuse (but they already doenloaded) and then i have to go delete them. This for me is big because sometimes they are big and so take up lots of space.
Thanks ppl
05-27-2017, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
I mean for games i don't have installed but have bought (so i can start working on my backlog).
Oh and another question. The stupid apple updates seem to be downloading all the time, and when i don't want to update i have to refuse (but they already doenloaded) and then i have to go delete them. This for me is big because sometimes they are big and so take up lots of space.
Thanks ppl
if you don't want to be annoyed you have to install the Apple tv provisioning profile (just google it) and your device will no longer download the OTA updates.
and be careful when you have to choose between later or details because for Apple "later" means midnight.
05-27-2017, 03:50 AM
IMO the devs are not responsible of the decisions of Apple. The refunds must be at the entire charge of Apple.
the devs could even sue Apple for the lost of profits (with the help of God or Mr Trump lol)
05-27-2017, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Damn. Didn't think of that. Guess we just bombard Apple's help desk with complaints then:

Dear Apple, my Ridiculous Fishing game doesn't work since you foisted your update...

Dear Apple, Super Quick Hook doesn't work...

And repeat...

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
05-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
Thanks ppl
I would like to know this also. I have thousands of games. So many that it's not feasible to manually back them up. I need to know exactly the games in my library that are 32bit.
05-27-2017, 04:26 PM
Uh-oh... Madfinger classic cover shooter Shadowgun was last updated March of 2015. I dont want to lose that one.
05-27-2017, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Full update to new resolution/etc: Dungeon Raid.

Just adding 64-bit support: Punch Quest.

Honorable mention: all Llamasoft games.
Along with slamraman's pick, I 2nd and 3rd the above.