★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

05-06-2011, 01:50 PM
list looks great and i like the categories with the exeption of 1st person en 3rd person, because those are camera angles not really a type of game.
Rather make it 1stperson/classic. Because you have also 1st person escape the room games.
The others are great though. Forgot gamebooks

Just go for it and let's hope the TA community keeps posting new point and clickgames here so the list can get updated.

Gobliiins 2 is also out wich didn't get much coverage by sites and reviewers cause of part 1.

Games i like: Prison Life RPG, Doom Classic, Party Hard Go and Death Road to Canada.
05-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
Sorry to veer off a little bit here but I figure the people looking at this tread would know better than anyone else. I recently finished Sam and max on the iPad and loved it! How are telltales other games like Wallace and gromit and back to the future? Im not concerned about the performance as I've got an ipad2
Actually, you're not veering off topic at all. This thread is as much a discussion about the games itself as it is about adding games to the list. Unfortunately I can't answer your question because I don't have an iPad. I've heard that Back To The Future is pretty good, but I've not really heard anything about Wallace And Gromitt. Given Telltale's sense of humor, though, I'd imagine W&G is pretty good.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre

05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks for putting this list together.
05-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duss321 View Post
list looks great and i like the categories with the exeption of 1st person en 3rd person, because those are camera angles not really a type of game.
Rather make it 1stperson/classic. Because you have also 1st person escape the room games.
The others are great though. Forgot gamebooks

Just go for it and let's hope the TA community keeps posting new point and clickgames here so the list can get updated.

Gobliiins 2 is also out wich didn't get much coverage by sites and reviewers cause of part 1.
I'll have to think about the 1st / 3rd person thing. It's true that they are "just camera angles", but in the same respect (to me at least) there's a much different feeling when you're playing something like King's Quest vs. a game like Path Of The Dragon. For some reason seeing your character makes a big difference.

Gobliins 2 is on the list. It's a shame it hasn't gotten much coverage. I haven't played the iPhone version of these games yet, but I loved the PC versions way back when.

Eric Pankoke
05-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
Gamebooks are pretty much Choose your own adventure things but yes, they should be added, due to the Gamebook Adventures series being so great! (Better than Fighting Fantasy IMO)
I would agree that the Gamebook Adventures tend to be of a better quality, but keep in mind that the stories in Fighting Fantasy are 15-20 years old. Unfortunately not all writing ages well

Eric Pankoke
05-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
Thanks for putting this list together.
No problem. I just hope I can keep up with it and make it into the greatness it could be

Eric Pankoke
05-06-2011, 02:04 PM
MAybe you can do it like this: Escape the room/ 1st person.
Classic P&C game/3rd person

Well you get the point, this way you can have both

Games i like: Prison Life RPG, Doom Classic, Party Hard Go and Death Road to Canada.
05-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Next good adventure only for iPad??! (Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, Back to The Future,....)
So sad.... Next is Jurassic Park
05-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
4. iPad games (currently only iPhone / Universal games appear)
Yes, please. And thank you for continuing the list. It's appreciated.
05-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Hello! Could you please add The Train episode 01 HD to the list? It's a First Person Adventure for iPad.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-train-episode-01-hd/id426143526?mt=8

Thank you!