iPhone Gesundheit! HD (by Revolutionary Concepts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 27, 2011.

1. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    #21 DotComCTO, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    Ah! Now I can finally say something in the forums!

So...as I mentioned previously, my son (he's 9 1/2) and I have had the great privilege of being allowed to test Gesundheit since the very early betas. It wasn't easy having to keep quiet about the game...I personally think it's really well done.

As has been said before, the controls are fairly easy; you just tap where you want your pig to move, and shooting snot is a simple slide back with your finger. Easy peasy.

The game starts very easy, but gets harder as the game progresses beyond the first "world". There are different monsters to encounter, and the levels get very tricky. Trust me on that one! Getting all 3 star fruits and leading the monsters to their traps can be downright tough. To me, it's an amazing action/puzzle type game. As an overall package, it's unique on the App Store and deserves to do well!

I don't recommend too many games, but this is one of my favorites. It has that, "just one more try" thing that pulls you in and keeps you playing and coming back for more.

The guys at RC and Konami did a great job!

If you have any questions...fire away. I'm on vacation right now, but get on TA at least once a day.

:cool:

--DotComCTO

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This game is absolutely beautiful, and so far is quite fun. I'm looking forward to playing it more tonight. I might even double dip and get the iPhone version too while on sale as I know my kids will like it, and that will keep them off the iPad version... at least if I hide it. ;)

3. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I thought the iPad version was universal, but the phone version wasn't?

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Is it??? If so then I'm set. :) I didn't think it was, but now I will check... and no, no it is not.

5. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Does the Hd/ipad version have more features? So you are saying I can also put it on my ipod touch?

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    As I said above, it is *NOT* universal.

7. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #27 abstractgamefreak, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    Come on, it's cheap at the moment: 1,59 €! You'll love it on the bigger screen. The art work and presentation is extraordinary and I cannot imagine it working as well on an iPod. And it's memory hungry, it would not start on my iPad 2 when I launched it for the first time, so forget the smaller version.

This is sure one investment that I won't regret; like a kind of Theseus/Mummy Maze in real time with logic puzzles. Already early on it's sometimes not easy to get the best rating for a level and you need to figure out the correct sequence of things. Combine that with some quick acting and there is an app here which will see me coming back often. Don't be fooled by the children's drawing look of things- there's a lot of black humor hidden there. I love it.

8. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sorry Crunc, I was responding to another poster and had not seen your post yet.

I actually did buy it last night. It is Cordy that has the ipad version that is universal. So if you pay $5 you can play it on both devices.

9. the9quad

Apr 27, 2011
    Ah thats the one cordy, sorry for the confusion. I am buying them both, I thought this one was universal but it's cordy, thanks for clearing that up.

10. Aztlan.Games

Aztlan.Games Well-Known Member

The visuals are more than interesting.

11. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I finished world one and I cAn confirm the difficulty level increases. This is an amazing action puzzle. I can only strongly recommend it!

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I some how find myself guilty of playing such a cute game which should be better played by my daughter -- she is just about 4-week old. :)

13. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    hehe thanks guys. It does indeed get harder - probably a bit hard for a 4 week old. I have a 5 year old who burst into tears when Piggy got eaten :(

Side note: Come on all you iPad owners the iPhone side of the forum is dominating!! Between you and me Gesundheit! on the iPad is THE way to play :p

14. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    iPod Touch and iPhone will always trump the iPad simply by they're being on the market longer and overall portability. Though I do agree with you about iPad games bringing better immersiveness and more screen space leading to better enjoyment.

15. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Yeh we are pretty familiar with the market ;)
    Of course some games are actually better suited to iPhone - and once you go Retna it's hard to go back :p

16. the9quad

Apr 27, 2011
    #36 the9quad, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    Bought the iPad version, I won't lie and say I am not disappointed that the increased price for the iPad version is not universal. I can see having a iPod/iPhone version and having a more expensive iPad version, what I can't see is not making the iPad version universal. I am done buying two of every game, I refuse to do it anymore.

17. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #37 Revolutionary Concepts, Jul 29, 2011
    Definately not going to get into a discussion about pricing in the appstore other than to say we took a huge punt in making both games much cheaper than they deserve, and worked like hell to convince Konami to give you guys this crazy launch special) So if they are already discounted you are well ahead even IF you buy both - assuming you enjoy the game that is ;)
    We cant say fairer than that.

18. the9quad

Apr 27, 2011
    #38 the9quad, Jul 29, 2011
    Fair enough but I'm done buying two of every game, I can't justify it. I think your pricing is fair, I just don't see the sense in buying two of the exact same thing, and I doubt you lose a sale when you make the more expensive version universal. in fact when you don't you probably just end up having more people buy the cheaper one because in that version they can at least play it on a pad in 2x.. In my case though this will just be one those games that only gets played on the iPad. Congratulations on a great game btw.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Children should be playing on iPads instead on iPod Touches! It is better for their eyes -- I think.

Come, ye o' iPad users! :D

20. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    #40 FPE, Jul 29, 2011
    My three years old son loves it, but he loves me playing and he watching as if it is a story! He makes the noises and, he is a devil boy, is happy when I loose :D

Anyway this is tremendous value for the price!

One question, is there a way to get back to the level selection while playing a level. This is very much needed when my son plays as he plays with the goal to get the pig eaten .....