Blimp Attack (Heli Attack on your iPhone)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gizzerd91, Dec 8, 2009.

1. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    #1 gizzerd91, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    Blimp Attack
    On the App Store Tomorrow!

I just finished my latest iPhone game (My previous games were Gravball and Dr. Arugula, which are both available on the App Store). I've been approved, and am slated for release on December 10. I've been a long time fan of heli attack, and decided I'd like to make something similar for the iPod, so I did. I think it turned out rather well, but I'd love to have some thoughts/crits here for the next update.

The game features:

- 15 guns (Yes, we put in shotgun rockets, chainguns, flamethrower, and a laser beam, per popular request)

- Online highscores (See how many other people who play this game have no life at all, and feel better about your own healthy interpersonal relationships)

- Choose your own control setup (for those of us who just got an iDevice, and are more used to a DS, we put in a setup that should be easier for you to use, and of course we have the option to use what at this point has become iPod standard fare, the dual control sticks)

Contest:

We are planning an update soon, and need gun ideas. If you can think of the coolest way to shoot down blimps, we'll send you a free promo code to download the game, and your name and weapon will be included in the next update.

Gameplay Video

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

a chicken launcher would be novel. they would explode on contact
    also, a laser spraygun and a laser cannon
    acid gun would be quite cool-acid pellets hit blimp and eats away health gradually

more ideas coming soon!

3. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    #3 gizzerd91, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    lol. I would love a homing bird, like in the worms series. There could be feathers everywhere when the bird explodes! We've already thought of the laser gun. That's coming out with the launch. Good try though. Great minds think alike.

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

sooo, are you liking my ideas...;)

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

a helicopter launcher would be quite cool as well methinks...

you know, as a reminder of the inspiration of the game...:p

6. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    I could even pull in special weapons. Call in an airstrike on the blimp, like in COD MW2, if you get enough combos in a row you get an airstrike button, and call down helis to completely own the blimp. All worth thinking about.

7. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yeah, ok!

but i still prefer helicopter gun.
    i mean, just think of the lols...

8. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    #8 gizzerd91, Dec 8, 2009
    This is a point. Watching a fat helicopter trying to squeeze its way out of a gun barrel would be hilarious. Maybe an RC (full sized) helicopter launcher! You shoot it, then guide it into the target with accelerometer controls.

9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

10. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    Already generating ideas. Amazing what people will do for promo codes :p. Keep 'em coming guys. We can hand out up to 15 of these (limit one per person, of course).

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yeah, promo codes really drive me.

mind you, the game has to seem good to me for me to bother!

12. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    haha, thanks. I really put a lot of my soul into this one.

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

ok, quick sum up of my ideas:

a chicken launcher
    laser spraygun
    laser cannon- fires laser balls
    acid pellet gun
    helicopter launcher

electric gun-like laser but with electricity, and the electricity bends to get the blimp(i.e. it will bend around rock)

14. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    #14 gizzerd91, Dec 8, 2009
    All solid ideas. I'm intrigued by the electricity though. I wonder how I would work that effect. I could have a textured plane that bends at several points, and swaps out textures really fast, so it would look like a rope of electricity. Or I could have a tazer that zaps the blimp, which then explodes. I kinda like the giant beam of voltage though. Very sith-lord-esque, which would make me feel powerful. We'll see. On an unrelated note, Blimp Attack has just now topped 100 fans on facebook!

15. AddictArts

AddictArts Active Member

Nov 17, 2009
    How about harpooning it and then the rope being used to bring it down to earth.

16. AddictArts

AddictArts Active Member

Nov 17, 2009
    How about a cat with it's claws, a vampire's fangs plus vampire, or a shark and teeth.

17. AddictArts

AddictArts Active Member

Nov 17, 2009
    A push pin grenade.

18. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    The graphics do look pretty interesting

19. gizzerd91

gizzerd91 Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Student
    #19 gizzerd91, Dec 8, 2009
    Harpooning is interesting. That worked well with heli attack, and could be done again. We'll also see about the grenades. Great ideas.
    And eggzbacon, thank you very much. We poured a lot of time into getting the vibe right (turning the visual mood music all the way up :cool:)

20. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    how bout underground? can you go underground? that would be awesome. i mean we can go in if we are about to get hit.