Universal Hell Quest: Tears of God (by Forest Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 16, 2013.

1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    #1 JoshCM, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    Its out - give it a try, give us some feedback!

Hell Quest: Tears of God

smuttlewerk interactive
    Get Hell Quest: Tears of God FREE now and for a limited time souls(Save .99) “Try your luck in this hellishly wonderf…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Get Hell Quest: Tears of God FREE now and for a limited time souls(Save .99) “Try your luck in this hellishly wonderful game of strategy” -Appoday You are a WARRIOR OF HEAVEN! - and your voyage leads you beyond the GATES OF HELL! Battle your way through the circles of hell - fight terrible demons and wrathful sinners and collect the stolen tears of God! The game is a dice roller, based roughly on the popular dice game "FARKLE" and is THE PERFECT BLEND OF SKILL AND CHANCE! You need luck, as in every other dice game, but additionally you must master the skills your characters possess. (Farkle is also known as 1000/5000/10000, Cosmic Wimpout, Greed, Hot Dice, Squelch, Zilch, Zonk, or Darsh to name but a few.) The enemies you will encounter also have their unique strengths and weaknesses. Upon completion of a quest and your victory over the warden of the circle of hell you just fought in, you will be rewarded with a beautifully crafted SPECIAL DICE, which are imbued with holy powers ("the tears of God"). These COLLECTIBLES can only be obtained by playing the game - they will make you stronger and help you defeat the demons you'll encounter in the oncoming circles of hell. But it's not only dice. Your heroes possess unique skills and each one of these characters plays differently. Level them up, gather spiritual teachings and grow stronger on your long journey! ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ Features: - fast paced battles - great graphics - unlimited playtime - play sessions in short bursts or for hours and hours - 4 powerful boss enemies (Charon, Minos, Cerberus and Plutus) - 12 unique enemies - 3 unique characters to play NEW CONTENT WILL BE DELIVERED REGULARLY! ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ If you run into problems, contact us! We answer as soon as possible! The game is inspired by the book "The Divine Comedy" by Dante Alighieri. HELL AWAITS! Follow us for the latest info and game news! • http://crescentmoongames.com/other-games/ • http://facebook.com/crescentmoongames • http://twitter.com/cm_games
    Information
    Seller:smuttlewerk interactive
    Genre:Role Playing, Adventure, Dice
    Release:Mar 27, 2013
    Updated:Sep 16, 2013
    Version:1.1.1
    Size:80.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Smuttlewerk Interactive!

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Yep - developed by them, published by me. :)

4. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Hell Quest: Tears of God

smuttlewerk interactive
    Get Hell Quest: Tears of God FREE now and for a limited time souls(Save .99) “Try your luck in this hellishly wonderf…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Get Hell Quest: Tears of God FREE now and for a limited time souls(Save .99) “Try your luck in this hellishly wonderful game of strategy” -Appoday You are a WARRIOR OF HEAVEN! - and your voyage leads you beyond the GATES OF HELL! Battle your way through the circles of hell - fight terrible demons and wrathful sinners and collect the stolen tears of God! The game is a dice roller, based roughly on the popular dice game "FARKLE" and is THE PERFECT BLEND OF SKILL AND CHANCE! You need luck, as in every other dice game, but additionally you must master the skills your characters possess. (Farkle is also known as 1000/5000/10000, Cosmic Wimpout, Greed, Hot Dice, Squelch, Zilch, Zonk, or Darsh to name but a few.) The enemies you will encounter also have their unique strengths and weaknesses. Upon completion of a quest and your victory over the warden of the circle of hell you just fought in, you will be rewarded with a beautifully crafted SPECIAL DICE, which are imbued with holy powers ("the tears of God"). These COLLECTIBLES can only be obtained by playing the game - they will make you stronger and help you defeat the demons you'll encounter in the oncoming circles of hell. But it's not only dice. Your heroes possess unique skills and each one of these characters plays differently. Level them up, gather spiritual teachings and grow stronger on your long journey! ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ Features: - fast paced battles - great graphics - unlimited playtime - play sessions in short bursts or for hours and hours - 4 powerful boss enemies (Charon, Minos, Cerberus and Plutus) - 12 unique enemies - 3 unique characters to play NEW CONTENT WILL BE DELIVERED REGULARLY! ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ If you run into problems, contact us! We answer as soon as possible! The game is inspired by the book "The Divine Comedy" by Dante Alighieri. HELL AWAITS! Follow us for the latest info and game news! • http://crescentmoongames.com/other-games/ • http://facebook.com/crescentmoongames • http://twitter.com/cm_games
    Information
    Seller:smuttlewerk interactive
    Genre:Role Playing, Adventure, Dice
    Release:Mar 27, 2013
    Updated:Sep 16, 2013
    Version:1.1.1
    Size:80.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #5 undeadcow, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    I'm just surprised to see the well regarded and active developers of Companions, Time of Heroes, and Nosferatu not publishing their own products. I'm more apt to notice a Smuttlewerk title than another brand peesonally.

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Little known fact - I almost published Time of Heroes. We've known each other for awhile.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I really like what i see...

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Is the international release date still March 28th?

9. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Awesome, been following the upcoming thread for a while, this game looks fantastic. Hopefully this month....?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Played the canadian version a bit. Not really something id invest time in, but it seems to be much better than those MMOs with a crapload of timers and IAPs.

For one, i love the artstyle and how they are subtly animated. The dice animations are nice. The gameplay is sort of intriguing, i think it could be better made as a combat system for an all out RPG game.

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Here's a very simple way to play this game, if you want a quick start:

Definitely tap on any blue dice!
    You can only tap on 3 of a kind or more of white dice.
    Keep hitting your special skills as they come up.
    Re-roll until it becomes too risky (if there are few dice left, don't re-roll!)
    Move quickly, you'll get more points that way.
    End turn.

Enemies have a chance of dropping souls
    Bosses drop dice

Hope that helps. :)

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Time to load in my Canadian account I think :rolleyes:

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    :( oh I didn't realise this was going to be a freemium Facebook type game :confused: I just died and it said resurrect in 24hours:eek:

It's worth pointing out that I didn't realise you had to scroll the main quest screen up and down and I spent a few minutes looking through the different tabs trying to find my mission.

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    you can resurrect your guy with the souls you are given at the beginning of the game, and then you start to earn them as you defeat enemies. How many souls does it say you have?

We might launch on the 28th, depends, though. We have some crucial fixes that need to be done...

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    That's ok then it says I've got 150 souls to start with.

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    yep, thats enough for about 15 resurrections.

17. Hobbesian

Hobbesian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Any chance of IOS 5 support?

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I'll chat with Smuttlewerk about that one. Seems a bit strange not to support iOS5.

19. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    #19 smuttlegiaco, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    hey guys!

iOS 5 support will make it in the worldwide release version. patch is ready and will be uploaded on monday. we did use iOS 6 because texture sizes could lead to crashes on older devices.

we invested some time making textures smaller. now the game runs fine on iPad1 and iPod4!

about the souls:
    after each battle you have the chance to earn a soul. if you don't have enough, you can either buy some and use them or wait for your character to ressurect/heal.

if you have questions about gameplay, let us know! :)

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    thanks for shedding light on the subject. :)