Prevail - Open universe game - by Johnny Two Shoes - DEV BLOG (Plunderland creators)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by joshsslade, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshsslade

joshsslade Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    We hate that too.

I love games that allow the player to find their own fun, thats what we are about!

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Spraypaint it on the walls of city hall, replace the New York Times logo with these words, rearrange the stars of the Milky Way to read as thus across the firmament of the heaves, and force every iOS developer to subscribe to this philosophy...

3. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Haha well thank you for the kind words. Good to know we didn't get it too wrong :)

4. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Can we customize our characters?

5. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    There will be items and things you acquire that will change your appearance.

Not sure the extent of purely visual customisation yet but its certainly something we can add at some point if people want it.

Also we are thinking of a game mode where you get to play as other Alien Races, but can't confirm this stuff yet. Just a raw idea at the moment.

So much cool stuff can be done with the engine though

6. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York

Well then.. Read my PM please :).

Thanks for choosing to make your game have a free-roam game-play.

7. AbsolutePhenom

AbsolutePhenom Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    How long will the main story be? How many different side quests will there be? And will you get to a point in the game where there isn't anything left to do? I like the idea of taxi missions but I imagine them getting boring quickly. I hope there is a lot of variety in side quests like that and that they are random and never ending.

8. sofaking

sofaking Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2011
    I hope that there will be beta testing :)

9. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Arghhh!?!!

Any updates?

We close to a release by any chance?

New media?

10. firstadam

firstadam Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Construction
    USA, CA
    every time I see a new post i hope it releases, but i doubt it will be tonight, kinda losing interest meh.

11. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Why the lack of updates?

Sorry there hasn't been an update, im ill at the moment. One of the down sides to being a small company.

We have a lot of really talented people putting in a lot of effort, this is no ordinary game or development process. As you may have noticed.

Will be some posts by some other members of the team coming to keep you updated.

I understand its frustrating waiting for something exciting, but I had to live through Half life 2 being delayed by a year. It was hard but worth the wait!

Please have patience we are trying to make something beautiful and original, it isnt easy!

Thanks for your support so far

12. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

:)

13. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Hehe thanks dude!

14. dusel

dusel Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    couldn't you at least give us a release date for the release-date-announcement? :D Im just curious because on the website it still says "early 2012" or "first quarter" which will end soon :)

15. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    I appreciate the interest. We are aiming for this but I cant give a solid date at this time. It feels close, just dont know the exacts right now since its such an ambitious project.

Will give a final release date as soon as it becomes clear.

Thanks for the support, helps a lot!

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    +1. I will be buying this game as soon as it hits the app store. I love the idea of exploring the planet surface, then getting a rocket and going to another planet. And doing that seamlessly sounds incredible... This game, along with Topia, are the two upcoming games which I'm looking most forward to.

17. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    #277 Deathrow, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
    I usually dont bump threads for no apparent reason, but when I do its for the threads I really care about. On a more serious note, whats happening. Any news on the second most anticipated game (sorry guys, but my most anticipated game of the year is Planetside 2 :D ). I know that you are hard at work to deliver us, the always disgruntled and weeping for screenshots and trailers fans the most polished experience. Was just wondering how the finishing touches on the game are shaping up (my mind strongly believes that you are on that stage). Besides, I wanted to return the thread to where it belongs-on the first page. Anyways, best of luck to you guys and I hope you reply.

P.S. Sorry to all the fans of Prevail who will see the thread on the first page and their hearts skip a beat at the thought that its news related to the game.

18. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    hopefully, this is released soon...

19. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Fingers crossed. An update would be cool, too :D

20. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011