Universal Dungelot 2 (by Red Winter Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Feb 12, 2014.

1. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Argh, i force myself not to play on until the update is released - please hurry up, i can't stand it much longer! :eek::D

2. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Pixeye what happend to character exp? I saw that in an early screenshot

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Am I missing something, how do you upgrade (permanent) your character? I keep getting slaughtered and can only finish 4 floors

4. F4stOne

F4stOne Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Pixeye -- Please make it so when you die there is a confirmation before you use a Runw to continue! I've wasted at least 6 Runes accidentally clicking on the screen after dying. As low as level 5! Not exactly where I want to burn a Rune to continue.

Please.

5. ilikain

ilikain New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Instant Death

I am a big fan of this game, even in it's very broken state. There is one feature I am finding extremely frustrating though; Flowers and to a lesser extent Dwarven (or is it goblin?) Bombs. Both of these offer a chance at instant death for the player. There is nothing the player can do to avoid them, it is purely up to luck. The player has no agency and just has to HOPE they will survive or just not run into them... This is bad game design and needs to change. Nothing else has been more frustrating to me in this game, including the mass amounts of bugs and slightly over-the-top IAP design. Please address these issues, because nothing else has caused me to put the game down in disgust as much as these two things.

Possible solutions:
    1. Flowers never have keys, so you are less likely to be FORCED to attack them.
    2. Change the instant death to Massive damage/removing shields etc.
    3. Make the Flower a Quick tapping mini-game to stop from getting swallowed (favourite)
    4. Allow for some form of preparation BEFORE entering the dungeon to negate these abilities.
    5. Remove them from the game completely. This is especially true for the Bomb one. That needs to be changed to massive damage or just removed. Just a bad event.

Keep up the good work, and hope this helps. I really am enjoying the game, but it can definitely use some tweaking.

6. ilikain

ilikain New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    They already announced the death screen will be revised with a button for ressing and a button to just die and go back to town.

7. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    any news?

8. Endeauvirr

Endeauvirr Active Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Any info about update? We're waiting for weeks for it :(

9. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Shortly after it was pulled I'm pretty sure they said they needed at least a month to get it where they wanted it. Don't understand why they even released it before if after pulling it they felt they needed another months time. Add to that the glaring number of bugs at release and this is really a head scratcher. How do you release a game which you feel is a finished product only to pull it a day or two later and then say you need a month to fix it? Must've been a total breakdown of communication somewhere along the line.

10. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I suspect a complete lack of play testing. As crazy as that sounds, the developer mentioned upon release he was interested in hearing feedback about the balance since he had not properly played it. That shot off red flags for me.

11. Endeauvirr

Endeauvirr Active Member

Jul 25, 2012
    well, i hope now we can be pretty sure that when the game will come back to the store it will be bug free and as awesome as it should be.

i hope for that for weeks since it was pulled out :/

12. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Man I feel cheated, I was about to kill a boss to get another master key or armor etc.. So I died once used a rune to come back, then I died again used another 2 runes so I get it down to 15 HP and bam it kills me again(what I wasn't realizing is its been killing me with full Heath and armor?(are u frickin kidding me) so naturally I spend 2.99 on 10 runes thinking ok this will be worth it(not realizing its been auto killing me yet) it kills me again I pay 4 runes! Ok I finnaly get it down to like 1 -5 HP and it kills me agian. I decide not to pay frickin 6 runes just to die again.

I feel like I've been cheated out of money and want a refund. If not a refund then some kind of free something jeez.. I pay 2.99 for nothing? :confused:

13. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #813 Darth Ronfar, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    Is that what kept killing me over and over again? I wasted money because of this nonsense.

Man I feel stupid, I wish I had some kind of warning. I've never felt so cheated out my money...

14. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I think most people that spent money on this game feel cheated. Glad I got a refund on my golden ham purchase that's for sure.

15. sugimulm

Hey Fang, what reason did you give Apple for a refund? I am in the same boat, payed for Golden Ham and cannot restore and still not implemented.

16. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    #816 Fangbone, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    Told them that the ham is supposed to allow you to play the game whenever you want for as long as you want and with the amount of game breaking bugs that is just not the case. Heard back from them the day I requested the refund and the money was back on my account a day or two later

17. sugimulm

Thanks Fang! Will start the process, hopefully I can get my refund. Only asked once so fingers crossed.

18. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    No problem. Good luck

19. sugimulm

Wow, that was quick, guess Apple may have been getting a lot of requests. Thanks Fangbone, got it, now just waiting...

20. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    How many levels does the 1st dungeon have? Got like 2 master keys and did till level 25... but it's annoying to start from scratch everytime