Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dumaz1000, Mar 15, 2012.

1. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I'm staring at my iDevice and seeing recent updates for 7 Gameloft games I have installed. I just finished not that long ago installing a similar round of Gameloft updates, many of those updates for the same games that have just been updated yet again.

Six Guns, Brothers In Arm 2+, Gangstar Rio, Asphalt Adrealine, Order and Chaos, Modern Combat 3, Urban Crime.

Several of these games, I never even play. They are just sorta there.

My point is, there was a day when all Gameloft did was develop new games and people would always complain back then that they never even bothered to update any of their older games. And now, Gameloft develops no new games, and all they ever do is go around updating their older games. They update these games by the truckloads. Guess they've got a lot of time on their hands, not having released more than a handful of new games in the last year.

Be careful what you ask for in life, because you might get it, only to realize afterward that you never really wanted it in the first place. You want your precious Gameloft updates, well, you got em now. Too bad its all you get.

2. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    is there a vocal community complaining that Gameloft isn't producing more new games? I have never bought more than a couple of their apps, but from what I've seen it's a lot of fairly decent quality stuff (especially if you say they are updating things now).

I would assume for the most part that iOS gamers must feel fairly well-catered-to at this point between all the active developers - well, short of a powerhouse the likes of Nintendo producing content, of course.

This post is not meant to slight Gameloft, I am just assuming that most people don't care?

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Their catalogue is largely freemium/paidmium now so they have incentive to update with new "features" aka ways to get people to pay more in an existing game. Also I've never heard anyone complain GL stopped releasing new games, just that they stopped releasing good new games ;)