Bot Ro - Puzzle Platformer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ruiznick, Jul 20, 2012.

1. ruiznick

ruiznick Active Member

Hey all, just finishing up my game "Bot Ro". It's a puzzle platformer thats primary mechanic is to clone robots that you can control, but you can only control one at a time. So you would control a character to perform some action and then make another character to help complete the level.

Originally I wanted a Limbo look, and you would control a "spirit" that would move between bodies for what body you can control, but it just visually didn't make enough sense. So your stuck with robot/spiders :p

Here are the screenshots I will be using for the app store. I appreciate any and all feedback. I'm the programmer, "artist", and everything in between. My primary reason to create this thread besides exposure, is to improve my games, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Sounds interesting. Mind adding a more detailed description? Also, te screenshots do not appear.

3. ruiznick

ruiznick Active Member

Thanks for telling me the images are not working. Thats weird though cause they show up for me and I just used the attached image thing. I will try linking the images that are from my wordpress blog.

So, in this game you start out at that blue teleporter and must make it to the green one to complete the level and move on to the next. You can move left, right and jump, and that robot looking button creates another robot for you to control. When you press that, your current robot stays still and you now control the new one at the teleporter. If your robot dies, you immediately gain control over the last one you were controlling. You would use your character to activate switches, move boxes, or sacrifice them to switch control.

This is primarily puzzle based, but theres a final boss that I found was really fun to fight. So if enough people get it then I will further look into adding more action/puzzles that resembled fighting that boss. It's going to be a free game with ads, and I won't let the ads cover any controls/overlap any buttons like I see in most games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]