Help! I need one or two hardcore puzzle lovers for a final beta test

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jefarmstrong, Nov 18, 2009.

1. jefarmstrong

jefarmstrong Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    #1 jefarmstrong, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    Hey everyone. I was here several months ago and ran a beta test of my modern art puzzle game - mondrian. Thanks to all those who helped (VeganTnT, etc.).

We made some changes to the narrative and added some easier puzzles to get people started. So now I just need a couple of HARDCORE puzzle lovers to run through the game and check the balance and difficulty of the puzzles. Some testers had reported that these puzzles are REALLY HARD.

In the game you are asked to help Piet Mondrian - who is trapped in limbo until his unfinished artwork is restored. You work your way across the world solving harder and harder puzzles with the ghost of Mondrian helping/berating you along the way (he's a little impatient).

Each puzzle is a "painting" by Mondrian that has been scrambled up. To solve it you must move the colored squares back into their proper position. Each square slides until it hits another square or the edge. It looks simple, but the puzzles can get quite difficult. As you progress various twists are added, like grey squares that change into the color of the square they bump into, striped squares that go right through other squares of the same color, and more. Each puzzle has a maximum move limit.

If you love puzzles and are available to help I would love it. PM me or email me at [email protected].

Thanks for your help.

-jef armstrong

follow me on twitter

Attached Files:

2. jefarmstrong

Jun 6, 2009
    Thanks for the responses for beta testing so far. Still a couple more spots if you want in.

3. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    i do like this trend. i need to see games with more depressed artists admonishing me. STAT!

4. jefarmstrong

Jun 6, 2009
    He's not ALWAYS admonishing you. I upload another screenshot to highlight his more upbeat side. :)

And I wouldn't call him depressed. Impatient perhaps, but then again he has been dead since 1944.