Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2013, 11:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I have a couple of, maybe dumb, questions. I got body slammed on the tv, it exploded, and now I'm injured, how long does it take to get better? And how do you "use" an item? Like workout with a barbell.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Scam View Post
I'm enjoying the game so far, but I have a couple of, maybe dumb, questions. I got body slammed on the tv, it exploded, and now I'm injured, how long does it take to get better? And how do you "use" an item? Like workout with a barbell.
To work out you press and hold the taunt button. Not sure about injury time, in wrestling revolution the injurys are time specific so who knows. ??
Old 10-19-2013, 01:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaumite View Post
Late response, but seriously?

Tell you what, search up a game called "The You Testament" on youtube, see how terrible mdickie truly is.
90's or no, this game and the others he's made are unforgivibly bad. The problem is that there is NO game underneath. You go around beating people, and when they're near dead, they give you a tip on how to kill someone. Look past the late graphics, the awkward controls, and bad ai, and look to the gameplay and story. There's nothing. No good story. But, I suppos the gameplay is... Eh.
1/10, only reason is because of the only good part of the game, the character creator.
I'll admit right from the start that some of his earlier games looked terrible, but you're very ignorant on one thing. Every programmer/artist has their own style. It's ridiculous to say that someone who uses a more modern style is superior to someone who uses a more retro/oldies style.

Also, you are misinformed on one thing. Stories can be either linear or decision driven. Linear is obvious, everything's pre-determined by a script. Wrestling Revolution and Hard Time both have a decision driven storyline. You do x, y happens. Isn't that what happens in a normal story? You gather x items, you get y reward. You kill x monster, you open up y area. In dealing with a decision driven storyline, in Wrestling Revolution, you win the championship, you gain haters. You constantly dominate another wrestler, they'll eventually get tired of it and try to negotiate a ceasefire with you. You go out for a night of drinks, you'll be woozy if you have a match the next day. Everything you do has a consequence that you have to deal with. The exact same mechanic is present in Hard Time, which MDickie himself claims is "Wrestling Revolution behind Bars." I'm sorry that you can't see the obvious story elements present in both games. I'm sorry that you can only see the game for its action mechanics.

You say all of MDickie's games are terrible? Well then, it's really unfortunate that you are unable to see the brilliance in his latest gems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
To work out you press and hold the taunt button. Not sure about injury time, in wrestling revolution the injurys are time specific so who knows. ??
Oooomonkey, you seem to be very knowledgeable. Could you clarify on the injury time? For example, in 2 different matches, I'll be at perfect health. However, in one of them, one punch downs me for like 2 seconds, while the other downs me for like 20 seconds. It just seems so random to me.

Also, if you know how to set things on fire, could you please let me know that as well? I've tried pressing every button next to flammable objects, but it never gets set on fire. Is there a specific condition?

Any other hidden tricks I should know about? ;p
Old 10-19-2013, 02:13 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzu View Post
Oooomonkey, you seem to be very knowledgeable. Could you clarify on the injury time? For example, in 2 different matches, I'll be at perfect health. However, in one of them, one punch downs me for like 2 seconds, while the other downs me for like 20 seconds. It just seems so random to me.

Also, if you know how to set things on fire, could you please let me know that as well? I've tried pressing every button next to flammable objects, but it never gets set on fire. Is there a specific condition?

Any other hidden tricks I should know about? ;p
To set things on fire it should be the run and pickup buttons together when next to something
About the hitting and knock downs, I remember mdickie saying on facebook that there's a lot of stat things going on behind the scenes taking into account things like your and your enemy's strength and skill,agility ect, to factor into all the moves and situations.
Which is why the graphics are also kept simple as there's a lot going on that we don't see.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I stayed overnight in the hospital ward, that cleared it up. Thanks for the info!