About Snowboard and Skating Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thecotanak, Jun 29, 2010.

1. thecotanak

thecotanak Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Male
    Istanbul
    Hi All,
    My first time here. I was reading this forum for a long time and I thought my time to contribute has come :)

I want to ask you something.. Which snowboarding/skating games do you like best on iDevices? Please write with the explanation "why".

Because, I'm sick with this. Laggy applications, overrated control schemes, gameplays, bad menu designs, disgusting ost.. etc. We still don't have a game for both (except Tony Hawks Pro Skater). I do like "X2 Snowboarding" but it must go a little deeper on gameplay and character physics. I mean, you don't feel like you are on a board and going on a snow, making turns, and else. But the fps is fantastic even on 3G and overall gameplay, menu and whole design of the package is good. Controls are the best in extreme sports game genre on iDevices on this game.

On the other hand, please X2, make a skating game, too. Make it with a goof fps and gameplay like your snowboarding one. Beat EA on their lame SKATE IT app, it's terrible controls, hard gameplay. Also beat Gameloft, and else. Please someone make a fun and good working, no crash, no latency app (like x2 snowboarding maybe??) and we can bring a new king to town, near the Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2. (damn its still the best)

I hope EA gives us a full fun package with SSX iphone version.

(BTW, I'm living in Turkey and all Activision games are dissapeared in here on appstore. Anyone?)

Emir

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I've tried pretty much every snowboarding game on the app store. Big Mountain Snowboarding is the only one which approximates the feel of snowboarding. Everything else thus far has been junk.

3. thecotanak

thecotanak Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Male
    Istanbul
    I found "big mountain snowboarding" fun to play, but all-tilt controls, shake to jump, and overall visual design is, my opinion, fail.

4. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    i like skater nation. :rolleyes: