iPhone A.I.R Defense! (Working game by us and for YOU) :P

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by colorbox.games, Sep 21, 2010.

1. colorbox.games

colorbox.games Active Member

Sep 13, 2010
    #1 colorbox.games, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    Update (24Nov2010)
    Pentagon Defense Teaser

Update (12Nov2010)
    This is the iPad screen in HD graphic, we're almost there with the high-res graphics which will provide an amazing battle effect on Pentagon Defense.

[​IMG]

Update (23Oct2010)

We're now finishing some first maps/missions of Pentagon Defense. Can't wait showing you guy new gameplay video and please be sure that you tell us what you feel after watching the video!!!! THANKS!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Video 1 - The Sahara Mission

Video 2 - The Sahara Mission

New gameplay video of Pentagon Mission in slow motion! :D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, Pentagon Defense is not officially the name of the game yet but it's one of a map of the game. We are about to ask your help to make the name for it. :D

This is a RTS tower defense game with drawing control, we are sure that you will love it!:p

We will keep you all update with the gameplay video really soon. And below are list of things we can promise about its contents:

- Real-time strategy tower defense with drawing control.

- Beautiful vector/neon graphics.

- Beautiful combat between your aircrafts and enemy's tanks.

- Ultimate powerful weapons.

- Features many aircrafts and tanks with different abilities. (Shop/Upgrade)

- Features many maps with 2 play modes on each map for your replay value (Classic & Survival)

- Full HD graphic.

- Game Center.

- Multilayer features.

- Online leader board.

- And more to come!

The game should be ready in a month from now!

We can not wait to show you some in-game screenshots of one of a map below. Hope you guys like it!:cool:

2. firebatstudio

firebatstudio Active Member

Sep 21, 2010
    This is very impressive! DroneSwarm Command has the similar idea too, but I love the art style of Pentagon Defense.

3. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

I was astonishing when first seeing DroneSwarm because of the way we meet together in the base concepts, but DroneSwarm and Pentagon are different enough to have its own players. I wish DroneSwarm the best luck and give my best hope on Pentagon as we've worked hard in 3 months already with a small team to make the game happen, we're all love the idea and want to put it in front of iPhone gamers.

4. firebatstudio

Sep 21, 2010
    #4 firebatstudio, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
    btw, im wondering if the name is a bit sensitive... is it the final one?

Edited: I believe that screenshots above are not for iPad, am i rite?

5. antony.thai

thank you for reminding me, yess... its not the final name and we're thinking if we can use it or not. for the screenshots you're rite since we are yet finish polishing the iPad graphics, we will replace by video and native screenshots right once we have it.

6. robertpgg

robertpgg Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Looking forward to seeing a video. Looks pretty cool. Good luck!

7. firebatstudio

Sep 21, 2010
    As a dev too, I really wish you luck with this game as I think that the art style is awesome but still, gameplay is something more important. Looking foward to see ur video.

8. antony.thai

hey, thank dude! I'm recording the video right now, I think it will be done in hours. :D

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Having had the honor to get a sneak peek, I can testify it really is a cool original game taking bits of Castle Defense and Line Drawers to make a fun and unique experience.

Threats are coming at you from all sides and you only have a limited number of aircraft to deal with them all, each of your aircraft have fairly limited ammo (before needing to return back to base to quickly reload) and, unlike many Tower Defense games, are themselves vulnerable to return enemy fire.

What is also really neat here is how each of your aircraft have their own unique stats and abilities (as well as at least three levels of upgrades) letting you completely customize your defenses. Do you mix up your plane types or stick to a couple of favorite types? Do you upgrade each of them to the max to make a few super units or go for quantity by having a bunch of low level guys?

Lastly, I too am curious about the name. I personally like Pentagon Defense but am wondering if that is somehow trademarked? I mean while it might IMPLY a connection to a famous building, when you get down to it we are defending a pentagon shaped structure so TECHNICALLY it is accurate and I seriously doubt the REAL Pentagon has a hangar in each of its five sections so it isn't even TRYING to be realistic.

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Keep the name! Sounds rather nice and fitting.
    I will be curious to see the video. And the graphic style is rather nice from the screenshots, Tron like..

11. firebatstudio

Sep 21, 2010
    Any update on the video?

12. antony.thai

Thanks for following Pentagon Defense, I can't wait to show you more info about the games and sorry for delaying the video as we're trying to polish it a little bit more. Just don't want to make you down.

13. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    +1 for keeping Pentagon Defense name. Seems like a perfect match to me.

14. antony.thai

Thank you a lot, I decided to keep the name Pentagon Defense as I receive a lot of good feedbacks from TA friends. However, just to let you know that Pentagon is only a map in Pentagon Defense. Cheersss!

15. colorbox.games

colorbox.games Active Member

Sep 13, 2010
    We've just upload a gameplay video to iPhone/iPod forum.

We would love to receive your feeling & feedbacks to give more value for PD.

16. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Looks good on the video.

F.

17. antony.thai

Thank you, the video shows only 2 play maps from 10 in totals. I'm glad to hear that you like it.

Antony

18. Metroix

Metroix Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Any release date?

19. antony.thai

We are working hard to make it done, hopefully, the game can come live by November!

20. Failboat103

Failboat103 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Sorry, too occupied to answer this question.
    On the island of oog
    Nice! I'm a beta! :D