Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-09-2013, 05:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambobsung View Post
I'm pretty sure this requires you to work a little harder if you don't want to spend any cash on this free version.
Yup... Since you dont get extra Crystal by using other characters in campaign mode, you'll be pressed to grind with your only character til you can unlock the next one.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Which will eventually lead you to buying the game. Hopefully. Or IAP.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

-NM-

Last edited by McCREE; 04-09-2013 at 08:23 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 05:33 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

-NM-
Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Well that was a big middle finger to everyone who just bought during the sale. You couldn't have waited a week or two?
I'm confused. In what way is it a middle finger to anything? The free version is not the same as the premium, and regardless if you purchased the original game during the sale or at the full 2 dollar price, you're getting more for your bucks than in the free version (unless you go for the largest IAP packs at 5-10 dollars).

(The two heroes not included in the free version will cost you 70 crystals. 60 crystals will set you back 2 dollars, and you still need to spend more to unlock all three starter heroes. If you go for the big IAP packs, 350 or 750 crystals, you might actually beat the price of purchasing the premium version and receving three heroes from the outset, even during the sale, but then you've thrown quite a lot of money at Foursaken and might arguable deserve a discount.)

(As much as I'd like to see a premium Heroes & Castles without any IAP, or to see Foursaken release every future game for free with no viable profit model but yet make fortunes, they are developers who have accumulated an extensive reputation of communicating with players, letting feedback influence their design decisions, and of continously updating their games with new and free content. I doubt they would do anything to willingly middle finger their player base, and even if they were to do so by mistake, they'd probably make amends if more than just a loud few of their customers complained.)

Last edited by Ayjona; 04-09-2013 at 07:54 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Developer

Yeah, looks like a bot made this thread, so probably a little confusing (considering its a free version of the paid game, moreso than a whole separate game)... anyway it looks like some people thought this was H&C actually going free, right after the 50% off weekend sale? Haha, yeah... that would be pretty lame

The main difference with the 2 versions is that premium owners get more heroes (including a 4th hero for free in the next update) to start with... so after next update 4 total. Free users get one hero, but otherwise they get the full experience... no paywalls or any secrets - we definitely consider it a full game experience. But people are right as well, by the nature of having only 1 hero, you won't earn crystals as fast... which we think is fair for being a free version (we're actually more interested in making sure the paid users get benefits, as opposed to trying to get more sales with the free version, mind you... the less crystals earned thing for ex was not even a planned thing - never even occurred to me in fact until someone mentioned it - but is just a product of having less content).
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Banned

Does the free version still get multiplayer?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBANYIOS View Post
Does the free version still get multiplayer?
Yup.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:39 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I appreciate the Free version getting released. I bought Block Fortress as that seemed like something I'd enjoy for the building aspect of it, but I couldn't push myself to buy H&C. Heck just yesterday I re-watched a bunch of Sanuku's video trying to decide if I should add the premium version to my buy list or not. Now I can just try this version to demo it out and then decide to buy the full version (since I don't buy anything through IAP).

Thanks. This is the right way to do freemium & premium. Two versions of the same game to reach both markets. I hope it pays off.