Coming Soon- 18 000 Cool Jokes

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cramzy, May 16, 2009.

1. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Later today, we'll release for approval the funniest app on the App Store:
    18 000 Cool Jokes.

[​IMG]

The features you will find are:
    • 18 000+ jokes, to keep your smile on
    • 40+ categories, to keep the jokes in order
    • Favorites section, to store the jokes you really loved
    • Shake detection, to see a random joke
    • Gorgeous colorful graphics, to keep your eyes happy
    • Intelligent algorithm for joke selection, so you don't have to read the same joke twice
    • Send a joke via e-mail, to share the fun with your friends

For more information, please visit www.cramzy.com

Thank you!

2. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Why did God create blondes? Because sheep can't fetch a beer from the fridge?!

That joke doesn't even make sense! WTF does sheep have to do with God?

Well as long as half of them aren't as bad that one this app is going to be fun to read when waiting in line.

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Wasn't jebus a shepherd? I don't really know, going to private school is the reason I'm Atheist.

4. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    #4 Benegesserit, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
    Still, if you have to play 6 Degrees to the Punchline it isn't really funny. Plus it assumes people consider God to be Jesus (there's Jehovah, Vishnu, Allah, you know, like a billion other gods).

Look at one of the other ones on there:

How do blonde brain cells die? Alone.

That's funny because anyone who has heard of a blonde knows that there is a running joke that they are stupid. So there's not far you have to go when you laugh in your mind thinking "LOL one brain cell!"

Not: God is Jesus. Jesus was a shepard. He made sheep. Sheep don't have appendages. By that time yawn the joke is too convoluted to be even remotely funny. I know the author didn't make the jokes and probably just pulled them from some book or website or database. Just looks bad when out of 18k jokes you let one of the really lame ones (not to be confused with corny) out for a screenshot to advertise.

The favorites options here though is going to sell it to me. Everyone hears a rock solid gem once in a rare while and out of 18k I'm sure I'll find a few hundred worth committing to memory.

Although I would like to add that the name Cramzy is going to be a little hard to market. It's usually a good idea to stick with a name that reminds people of what your app is.

5. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

We just replaced the original image, to show the favorites screen as well + we changed the joke which can be seen on front.

Cheers!

Best Regards,
    Iliya

6. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

Hi there,

This is the biggest database of jokes ever put on the iPhone! I am sure everyone will find many jokes he'll love.
    About the name Cramzy- we actually do not have just one app :) So we don't have app-dependent name.

Best Regards,
    Iliya

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Sorry to say but this app looks doomed to join the myriad of Appstore shovelware. Thing is you might still make money considering the miniscule amount of work that could have possibly went into its development.

Hopefully you'll use that money into making a real app someday. Good night and good luck.

8. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

9. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    The plane one was the funniest.. I'll buy it, but I haven't liked many of the ones shown here....

10. cramzy

cramzy Well-Known Member

11. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Those ones were much better, exspecially the Boss one and college one :)

12. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    200 people in the front row of a concert! Must be a HUGE venue!