Timing release day of week?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by eJayStudios, Apr 8, 2010.

1. eJayStudios

eJayStudios Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Hi,

is there any benefit trying to time release date on weekend, if that's even possible?

What I mean is that for example if you release on Tuesday you might get lucky and get approved by Friday/Saturday.

I'm ready to release my game today, but thinking maybe I should wait till next Tuesday, or is it really stupid idea? :confused:

2. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    The longer you wait, the further down the "new releases" lists your game will show up (unless Apple changed how release dates are calculated since my last new release). So unless you have some external promotions lined up for a particular date, it's usually best to set the release date to "today" in iTunes Connect as soon as an app is approved.

3. eJayStudios

Oct 17, 2009
    Thanks mate, I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my post.

What I meant was not 'release' date, but date of submission.

4. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    Ahhh - Apple's been much quicker with reviews recently but it's still not clockwork. Sometimes an app will go through in less than a day, other times it's stuck in the "Waiting" queue for 2 or 3 days before even getting to the "In Review" stage.

5. eJayStudios

Oct 17, 2009
    I guess in this case it's not worth playing games, just submit today.

I'm not even sure if releasing on weekend is such a big deal anyway.