Sword of Fargoal on its way to App store !

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Betty 2K1, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Betty 2K1

Betty 2K1 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    #1 Betty 2K1, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
    This is great news !

In my review of the C64 emulater on the App store I asked if this could be done.

I remember owning this (great box !) and it being somewhat exclusive in my area as no shops ever had it in stock. I can't remember where I bought it but I remember it was expensive (at the time) and I got it for Christmas, so it'll be very nostalgic to play it again. This was the one game my friends wanted (to copy) off me but I wouldn't let them.

If the developers are reading this could we please have the original C64 tile set and sounds (I loved the fighting sound effect, the little intro to each new level and noise made when the monsters moved). If this isn't possible how about doing a deal with the C64 emulater developer and release the C64 version, give people a choice, although I would buy both !

Instant buy from me !

2. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Betty_2K1, you're going to find that the sound effects are very reminiscent of the original game. I've created a modular sound synthesizer for this and have used many of the original SID sound parameters to recreate the sound effects. That was one part of the original game that I really loved!

As for the original tile sets, yes we plan to make those available in the future.

3. Betty 2K1

Betty 2K1 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Many thanks for your reply Madgarden, I'm really looking forward to your updated version. I will be supporting this game all the way and certainly be puchasing the original tilesets.

Thanks DaveMc99 very helpful. Not sure what your point is. I was just asking about the 'orginal' tile set and sounds for the C64, 'while ringing of retro' I'm presuming is not the same.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Thanks for your part in bringing back one of the greatest and original Roguelikes back into the present day!

5. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    I love the graphical look of the game and for some reason am just plain out attracted to the game. Almost positive I will be picking this one up seeing as i have no rouge type games and this one looks the best to me with 8bit treasures coming in a close second.