Losing all of my emulators!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by clocknova, Jul 21, 2017.

1. clocknova

clocknova Member

Mar 14, 2012
    It just occurred to me that I'm about to lose all of my sneaky emulators to the 64-bit apocalypse. Is there any good rsource for keeping abreast of current attempts to sneak them into the store? Does this still happen? Anyone know of any currently available? I hope this does not get asked too much.

2. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Which ones do you use?

3. clocknova

clocknova Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I have Remote Files, Gridlee, iMAME, Floppy Cloud, and PowerDOS (which is still legit, but without a way to load software anymore, its pretty much useless. I think Floppy Cloud might survive because it does not show up in the list of 32-bit apps in Settings>About>Applications, but it seems too old to be 64-bit. Anyone know?

4. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Have you considered builds.io? $9.99 for a year or $99.99 for lifetime. You don't have to worry about back doors and it works with the latest iOS. Customer service is fantastic too.

5. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    yes builds.io is very good. I paid the yearly fee and I could install MAME and PROVENANCE on a non jailbroken ipad (new ipad 2017 IOS 10.3.1).
    if you don't want to pay, you can sideload the emulators for free but you will have to resign the apps every 7 days with Cydia impactor on your PC.
    with builds.io you have a one year dev certificate.
    There is no MAME and no PROVENANCE emulators for 64 bits AFAIK. Personnaly I will never upgrade to IOS 11.