Featured Internationally, but not U.S.?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by rasterzone, Aug 26, 2016.

1. rasterzone

rasterzone Active Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Software Engineer
    Michigan, U.S.
    I recently released my first game, Gallery Hero, and according to AppAnnie.com, its featured under the puzzle and strategy sections of the App Store in what looks to be nearly every country, except for the U.S. (where I live). I can change the App Store to Canada and other countries and verify that it's there. But I'm a bit confused why it would be omitted from the U.S. page.

Has anyone else run into this, or have any insight into what's going on? Is releasing worldwide just not very common among devs?

-Alan

2. rob1221

rob1221 Member

Apr 25, 2015
    United States
    #2 rob1221, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    EDIT: Sorry I misread your post and thought you were talking about Apple's hand-picked features. The reason your game doesn't show up in the category rank for the US on App Annie is because Apple got rid of that section of the App Store for the US. New games are invisible in the US without either Apple features or outside promotion, but without a huge amount of money or existing fanbase, you're pretty much dependent on the Apple feature.