Sci Fi gamebooks?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Exact-Psience, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Anyone got a list? I fell in love playing Trial of the Clones and was wondering if there are other sci fi gamebooks i should download too.

I just downloaded Infinite Universe too.

2. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    They're definitely pretty hard to find, I've had a few of the Choice of Games Sci-fi books that play like Gamebooks just generally minus the combat. I'd recommend Choice of the Star Captain and Heroes Rise, but all of their games are pretty good.

If you definitely want to stick to a strict Gamebook style experience then I'd suggest Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 made by Tin Man Games. As far as having a knowledge of Judge Dredd to enjoy that one, it's not necessary at all - I know next to nothing, I haven't even seen the films and still enjoyed it. Pretty decent replayability too

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh yeah... I already have Judge Dredd, i'll redownload it now. I'll check out the Choice of Games you mentioned. Thanks!

5. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #5 Bool Zero, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Tin Man Games has the other game book as well, Infinite Universe, which is a pretty good Sci-Fi gamebook as well.

Edit: nevermind, just saw you mentioned it in your first post!

You might want to hack out Star Breed and Blackbar as well!

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks Bool... I have Blackbar, but it was one of those i just bought and checked for 10 mins then forgot about, and eventually deleted. Will pick it up again.

I also found games under the publisher name "Hosted Games" and they have a wide range of gamebooks as well. Downloaded Paradox Factor right away... Seemed sci fi enough, and only a buck :)

7. ExK

ExK Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Founder @ http://cks-studio.com
    Singapore
  8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #8 Repulsa, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    I love gamebooks but I'm a silly sort that prefers print to digital. It's not sci fi but I think everyone who enjoys gamebooks should check it out, My all time favorite is called legion of shadows it's by Michael Ward it's actually the first in a trilogy and has been described as WOW in book form. As far as mobile goes there is a game called wunderverse it's been on my WL forever it allows you to create your own gamebook style adventures and share them for others to play. I am pretty sure they have a sci fi theme.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    @Repulsa, there are very few that I've seen in print.

Off the top of my head I've got the following:

FF#4: Starship Traveler
    Piers Anthony's Bio of a Space Tyrant: Cut by Emerald
    Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers: Shines the Name

Does Car Wars count? I've got 4 of those 6 books. And some Joe Dever Highway Warrior books.

If you include COYA level books there are a few more. ;)

When I get home tonight, I'll look through my library and see if I missed any. ;)