Lost all my levels on all games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by galaxygrrl, Dec 1, 2009.

1. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Hi all,

Needed to totally restore my iphone and set it up as a new phone, so I lost all of my levels for the games I played. Is there something I can do. The only ones I really care about are Bounce On and Ice Age right now. Thanks

2. iamnotpretending

iamnotpretending Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Marketing guy, developer
    Chicago
    I had the same thing happen to me a while back. There's nothing really you can do, as far as I know. I'd strongly advise you to jailbreak your iDevice and get AppBackup from the Cydia store. Use that to back up all your appstore game data and move the backup files to an external drive off your iDevice. I do this like once a week now. I've had to restore my iPod since I started doing this but thankfully I was able to restore all the game data using this tool.

3. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Even though that works, jailbreaking was not worth it for me- got way to addicted to apps, voids warrenty, when update comes the jailbreak gets taken off, makes idevice a little laggy, etc. But if u really want to you can do it, just check the risks first cause i took off the jailbreak on my iphone a month after i got it for the reasons i listed

4. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    I have jailbroken my iPhone, but the issue was there was something in the system that kept it from autolocking, I tried a full restore with backup, but that did not work, so I set it up as a new phone and it worked.

I totally love my jailbroken iphone, except for right now since I need to set it up again without apt backup -- lol. At least it auto locks now. What a relief.

5. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Sucks to be you